Best way to mount my Heresy II to the wall

SCOOTERDOG

As the title states, I'm looking for the best way to mount my heresy's to the wall. I currently have them in a set of columns but I discovered with my new theater seats I sit lower than before which impeads the sound from them. So I was thinking about removing the columns. I just don't want these big square beautiful sounding boxes hanging on the wall, I want something nice. I thought about taking 2 half round 3/4" finished pine or something and creating a curved shelf but with a top and bottom. I would make them so the sides of the speakers actually look like its connected to the top and bottom curves. I would then wrap in acoustic fabric. I know this would hide the Heresy but it would provide a much cleaner look. Drawing of my idea attached. This is one of the thoughts I had so I am looking for some other ideas too..any takers

post-8797-13819373667752_thumb.jpg

Hey DaddyDee...Thanks for the link. Those are some nice mounts he is using. Also looks like you can swivel them as well. I'll have to pm him and see what he paid fopr them. If they were more than 50 bucks which they look like I may try my way first and see since I have the material already availble in scraps/

Thanks

Scooter

Dee: Thanks for the kudos, pal!

Scooter: I bought mine at Guitar Center 2-years ago when they were about $80 for the pair. They are made by On-Stage and then were Model SS1913B. Yes they do pivot side-to-side. Since then they have changed the Model number to: SS7914B and they are now $99 for the pair (list). They still support up to 100 pounds.You may be able to shop around for a lower price. I've attached a spec sheet for you. Depending on how you decide to mount the speakers to these stands (I made plywood "plates" that were attached to the orginal holes in the speaker bottoms for the Heresy III floor cradles), you will probably also need to order two On-Stage EB9760B Brackets for $9.00 each. They fit on the bottom of the speakers and are then inserted over the spindle that protrudes up from the wall mount. I will attach that spec sheet in my next post below. Best of luck! -Glenn

SS7912-14_List-On-Stage.pdf