TRADE A PAIR OF RF-7s FOR CORNWALLS??

RobCurran

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im posting again this question that was lost since the first page of this thread:

Good to see you liked them theears (Cornwalls), having as you do, so much expensive gear, is fine to know that you found that the "old Heritage sound" is indeed good.

What do you think about the mid horn? I feel that the detailed sound those speakers can make is in part due to the work of this driver.

And more importantly, do you think that the new RF-7's sounds more or less than the old Cornwall's? if no, where do you note the differences?

Thanks

Manuel,

Sorry,damn I did not even repply to your question,Sorry again

Well I would like Klipsch to design a RF-10 flagship R series speakers with horn loaded midrange.I liked the Cornwall midrange projection.I think Klipsch should continue to horn load their midrange drives(when used).

The RF-7 does not sound like the Cornwall,yes they are similar.They are both Klipsch blood,only the Cornwall follows a true PWK design.The R series are more NEW AGE Klipsch.The R series are still all Klipsch but Klipsch should never abandon horn loaded midranges.

Oh yes and the Cornwall is less hard on the ears!After all these years of break in the Cornwalls do sound sweet.Damn they are so wide,if only they were not as HUGE I would buy a Cornbreadwall. Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by TheEAR:

Well I would like Klipsch to design a RF-10 flagship R series speakers with horn loaded midrange.I liked the Cornwall midrange projection.I think Klipsch should continue to horn load their midrange drives(when used).

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Thanks theears, just exactly what I think. I certainly enjoy to read Im not alone in my intuition! ;-)

Well the only heritage speakers I've heard were Heresy's and I didnt care much for them, they lack dynamics. I havnt heard any Khorns or corns but all the Khorns I've seen on e-bay look like crap. Or they sure don't look like something I want in my house anyway. They look homemade to me. As far as anodized aluminum, I'm going to guess it's mainly for a dampning effect and looks since aluminum really doesnt have alot of corrosion.

I think it depends on the amount of steel/tin in the Aluminum itself on the effects of Corrosion.

Aluminum that is more soft with less tin/steel, corrodes pretty quick.

But I think it will dissipate heat from itself quicker.

(Maybe this might play a factor in Anodization.)

Probably for looks and corrosion.

I worked at a Aluminum Foundry, all I know is it's a nasty dirty metal.

Dean,

I have many two way speakers and they work damn well thank you.Large speakers cannot get around the midrange unit or mid-bass with a dedicated woofer.

The RF-7 is a 2.5 way speaker( Smile.gif )while the drivers are identical the top driver covers some midrange and the lower woofer is cut lower.Works great too

The ideal speaker would be full range and point source,this would give the best results.In the real world its not very practical,some full range single driver designs are HUGE...and cost an arm and a leg!

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I'm sure you know more about it than me its just I've never seen anything Aluminum rust in. Maybe its the other metals in the alloy doing the oxidizing? I cut and pasted this from encarta.com it states; "In contact with air, aluminum rapidly becomes covered with a tough, transparent(<-key word here) layer of aluminum oxide that resists further corrosive action. For this reason, materials made of aluminum do not tarnish or rust." I have some 10 year old aluminum cylinder heads that are exposed to extremly high heat, sub-degree temps, and moisture and there isnt a bit of oxidation on them. Yes aluminum is pretty soft(so is paper) but combine it with titanium one of the strongest and lightest metals and you have a heck of a alloy. Titanium wont rust or tarnish either if im not mistaken.

This message has been edited by Jolly Roger on 02-01-2002 at 09:00 AM