EV at the dump!

DizRotus

It measures the same in size as a new, therefore, it must be NOS.

A great story line which will bring hundreds if this were to go to ................

The attached Zip-File has several photos. Lest anyone be confused. The Mid-range drivers were placed on the woofers for the photos; they're not connected to the woofers.

These were in plywood enclosures slightly smaller than a Cornwall. The midrange and tweeter were in a sealed sub-enclosure. Given the degree of deterioration of the enclosures, it was not possible to verify if the bass enclosures were sealed or vented; my guess is sealed.

Everything is EV. The woofers and mdranges have cast frames and HEAVY magnets. They could probably be re-coned and brought back to life. The tweeters now appear to be T-35s [edit: several people have correctly indicated that these are not 350s]. One actually works, but they could both benefit from new diaphragms.

The crossovers were also EV and included attenuation pots. Overall, they looked like they were reasonably well constructed EV kits, probably from the late 50s or early 60s.

If anyone has an interest in restoring any of these, shoot me an email or PM. Other than the T-35s, they're nothing I want to invest time or money in, but I'd rather see them restored and returned to service, than end up in a landfill.

Those look like the components from an EV6, less the 4x10 midrange horn.

The tweeter is a small magnet version of the T35, not even close to a T350.

The EV6 is a sealed box about the size of a Belle, and about 96dB/W.

http://archives.telex.com/archives/EV/Speakers/EDS/E-V%20Six%20EDS.pdf

My father bought his in 1963 and drives them with an HK 730 I got him in 1978.