Bose in London?

Coytee

I must say I was intrigued.

We went to a place to eat yesterday and what did they have throughout the place but some Bose speakers. Roughly 6x10? I didn't really look that close. That got me intrigued. Later, we were on the riverboat trip...looked up and yes, the riverboat had Bose speakers, same style/size. Later we went through the Tower of London and they also had an intercom system.... I was really hoping to find that these were NOT Bose.... I mean...c'mon.... even the Royal Family??

Although they were about the same size & shape, these were not Bose. Hard to tell in the darkened rooms (where the Crown Jewels are) but they seemed to have a logo that was similar to an "M" in shape.

This got me wondering... if some brands have such a difficult time getting a foothold in London, how did Bose get in?

A man searching for nirvana, inner peace, etc. gives away all of his possessions, works his way across the ocean as a deckhand on a steamer to India, walks over a 1000 miles to Nepal, and climbs the Himalayas to get to an isolated buddhist monastery on the side of a vertical cliff. Upon arrival, exhausted and starving, the monks open the massive doors and help him inside. As he enters, he hears otherwordly chants by Buddhist monks softly coming from the back of the room. Sitting in the center of the room, surrounded by several silently praying monks, their prayer wheels spinning, incense sticks burning, etc. there is a little $15 portable CD player with the front broken off, and the little wires from the speakers connected to bigger wires, leading to a pair of Klipschorns in the corners.....[H]

Just a thought for today....

Coytee in the UK???

Wait, something not right here!! hehehehehehe They let YOU in??? LOL

Have some good pub fish n chips and a cold one for me... Satuday on portobello road fun.. get some good music while your there... A UK pressing of Brother in arms - dire straights is a must!

Don't forget Harrods and tomorrow..today is Manchester United soccer match too... If your going I am soooo jealous!

• 2 weeks later...

how did Bose get in?

well some things, good and bad, spread like the plague, there's just no stopping them (trying to behave myself but it's 4:25 AM [:#] [:|] )

so, all these other countries let you in, but will we? [:S]

You guys know about Manchester United????

Wow - my home team. I used to be a season ticket holder back in the day.

Been a great year for us - National Championship and the European Cup.

As for Bose - they are like Mcdonalds - they are EVERYWHERE!!!

How can anyone not know about Manchester United? At least if they pay attention to sports at all?

Ok, I suspect the professed soccer haters in the US will claim to not know or won't admit it.

An English Premier League game in England? Who in their right mind wouldn't want to attend?

Many Americans, including sports fans, would rather have a root canal than watch soccer. Many such soccer haters claim it's too boring. Many that think soccer is too boring are baseball fans. Go figure. A goal in soccer is one of the most exciting things in sports and one of the most difficult.

Some claim soccer players are wimps. They need to watch the videos I've seen at USSF soccer referee training of the abuse piled onto Mia Hamm in competition.

I think I finally figured it out a couple of years ago. The typical American sports fan is used to things that start and stop frequently. Our attention spans are just too short. Maybe too much action, it doesn't stop after all. Not enough breaks in the action for trips to the loo or to restock the snacks and beer?

But soccer is catching on. How can it not with the thousands, probably millions of kids in my daughters' generation growing up playing soccer? Even the great Pele couldn't get enough of a spark for the NASL to make it when I was groing up. But hadly anybody in this counry played soccer back in those days. It will survive this time around. Beckham generated all kinds of interest. That was probably more due to the Beckham's celebrity and marketing but we know marketing can sell anything which I think somehow brings us to how Mickey D's and B*s* are everywhere.

We need to get satellite or cable as there's just too little soccer on free TV.

You guys know about Manchester United????

Wow - my home team. I used to be a season ticket holder back in the day.

Been a great year for us - National Championship and the European Cup.

As for Bose - they are like Mcdonalds - they are EVERYWHERE!!!

I don't get to watch that many matches here in the Southern US. During the last world cup I was able to watch most of the games as a little Brazzilian restauraunt had all the games on and would open just to show the games. Does Man United miss Beckham. I hear he finally scored a goal here : )

At a soccer match in the late 70's or early 80's I got a football autographed by Pele : )

Beckham - great player but I think we sold him at the right time (to Real a few years back).

Now we have a player called Cristiano Ronaldo (not to be confused with the other Ronaldo that played for Brazil).

In all probability CR will win player of the year in Europe and possibly globally. He is that good.

42 goals last season - from the wing!!!

Oh - and he is 23 years old (and my wife drools over him). Frankly he's all talent and good looks - I hate him - but I am glad he is on our side.

At a soccer match in the late 70's or early 80's I got a football autographed by Pele : )

Seti - I might even be willing to trade my "football" autographed by Walter Payton.... bought in online auction with supposed certificate of authenticity - I hope it's real

Great score!