Hurricane Season - 2008

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all of you on the coast should move your clasic Klipsch inland, like to Illinois. I have room in my basement for a set of Khorns and a few belles. You could just leave them here and come listen to them whenever.

I think all of you on the coast should move your clasic Klipsch inland, like to Illinois. I have room in my basement for a set of Khorns and a few belles. You could just leave them here and come listen to them whenever.

Then I'd have to buy snow tires. Pass. [:P]

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering why Marshall has'nt been around here much the last couple of months or so too. Hope he's okay.

Anyway the NHC has Fay coming straight up the state and making a bee-line for Jacksonville (that's me).

At least it's expected to be only a tropical storm by that time.

Jacksonville always seems to dodge these bullets, but our luck is bound to run out sooner or later.

Time to get the generator out and filled with gas.

Wade

I was on vacation last month in Florida. I had arranged with Marshall in advance to drop off a couple of speakers so that he could reveneer them for me. He was telling me that he has been so busy at work that he hasn't had time to keep up with the forum (he's on call 24/7). He's covered up at work, but I would venture a guess that he'll be around as soon as he can. Needless to say he'll have my speakers a while.

Well, it’s been a long summer, and it’s been a zoo around here since the first week of June, so I have not had much of chance to post anything. Been teaching water safety courses since the 1st week of June until 1st week of July; then a SEAL/Special Boats orientation course for 2 weeks, a Maritime Operations course for 2 weeks and then the last two weeks more water safety orientations. Busy, busy, busy...

Well this was supposed to be the first weekend off, and you’d think that my first real couple days off in 2½ months would be nice? Noooo way!!!!!, because here comes the "Fay-beast", and I had to spend the weekend and yesterday prepping my facility and my house, etc.

Yesterday, of course was a wild ride, but I was able to get some pictures, etc. The wind is stabilized at about 55 mph by 4:00 PM, with some wold gusts over 75, but compared to previous storms I’ve ridden out, this one was not too bad. Interestingly this is the 4th storm since 2004 in which the "eye wall" passed directly over me.

The storm is now over Melbourne and headed up the coast towards Jacksonville. It’s a very heavy rainfall storm. We got over 9" of rain in about 18 hours, and everything is fairly saturated. Biggest worry is if we get another one in the next 3-4 weeks, we will have trees down all over the place because of the very high water table.

Here’s some photos. First is the satellite photo as the main "eye" approached us yesterday morning.