RF-63's with RC-62

willland

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of RF-63's(cherry) for a great price. I am currently using the RC-62 as center. For a non-audiofile, how would this combination work? The RC-64 is way too big(heavy) for my shelf and too steep for my wallet. I spoke with a Klipsch tech and his opinion was that unless I was an expert, I probably couldn't notice that they were not a perfect match. Can anyone else concur with that? I am very close to pulling the trigger on the towers.

Thanks,

Bill

• Moderators

My personal thought is if you can get the RF-63's at a great price, get them. Only you will be able to determine if the RC-62 sounds "right". I'm probably like you in the fact that I do not have super sensitive hearing therefore as long as the RC-62 could keep up with the RF-63's in volume and clarity, it would likely work fine for my use. If you get it and it is lacking, begin to save money each month towards the RC-64 and a new shelf.

• Moderators

If I haven't heard the RC-64 I really cannot compare the two.

If you do get the RC-62, just don't ever go and listen to the RC-64 and you will probably never be disappointed. [:P] The RC-64 is a fantastic center though. Again, if you have it for awhile and you are interested in upgrading, drop by a local Klipsch Dealer and see if they will let you bring the RC-64 home for a test drive before you buy it. Radio Active is pretty close to you (5855 WEST COLONIAL DR.ORLANDO, FL
32808). They have the best Klipsch setup that I have found near me. You might have other options on the other side of Orlando to check out. You can Locate a Dealer here.

By the way we are kind of like neighbors.

Howdy neighbor. Since we are now neighbors, can I borrow your RF-63's to use as rear surrounds when you get them? Isn't that what neighbors are for? [:P]

Wow. Just had the 1.5 year old cherry RF-63's($1000.00/pair) delivered to my house by the previous owner. Did I say wow? As far as I am concerned, the RC-62 sounds great with the 63's. I have only listened to some Irish acoustic guitar music so far but I can say that it seems the performance is taking place in my family room. Crisp and precise. Can't wait to put in King Kong(HD-DVD) and Saving Private Ryan(DVD) to test the setup with HT. Thanks for all the advice you "well informers" gave to me. By the way I would have bought them anyway even if the consensus was no. Now I have to take back the RB-35's before my 30 days are up(only way the wife would let me buy the 63's). Hey, wouldn't the 35's be great as rear surrounds? I had better quit while I am ahead.

Thanks,

Bill