Heresy II + REL Strata III sub...can it keep up?

Jacobus

Dear all,

Recently bougth a pair of Heresy II speakers of about 8 years old. They are wonderful but I think they would benefit from a good sub. I'm in the position of buying a REL STRATA III sub, Which is a closed system with a 10inch woofer. Closed is good, but I'm wondering if the REL can keep up with the very dynamic Heresy speakers? I really want to keep the dynamics also below 50Hz of course. I cannot find much info about the REL, do not not what its effeciency is e.g. Anyway, I was wondering if some of you have some experience with this combo? BTW, my room is about 30m2

Cheers,

Jacob

b

I have 2 REL Strata 5's providing low frequency support for my 2005 Belles. Even with one sub, the Strata has no problems in keeping up with the Belles. With two subs, I have reached audio nirvana. Sensational subs...

Here's a pic...

post-15368-1381937436429_thumb.jpg

I have 2 REL Strata 5's providing low frequency support for my 2005 Belles. Even with one sub, the Strata has no problems in keeping up with the Belles. With two subs, I have reached audio nirvana. Sensational subs...

Here's a pic...

Yeah, these REL subs are indeed very nice! I love how accurate and clean they are in reproducing the bass. Granted, at least the Storm III, may not have the "slam" as say something like Klipsch's own RSW-15 or one of the larger SVS models, but still. When watching something like "Master and Commander", I was still about ready to dive for the coffee table when those cannon shots started flying in that movie! [:o] I would love to score a second Storm III to go with the one that I currently have.