Need help on receiver choice

Hi I'm purchasing 2 RF-52's and an RC-52 and need help choosing a receiver. I will most likely eventually add a sub and two surrounds so it would be great if the receiver be powerful enough to power everything in the future. I will also be connecting a TV and a computer to these speakers. However, my budget is limited at about max $300ish so I know my options will be limited. Thanks for any suggestions.

Marc

I got a HK 240 MODEL, now the 247 refubed for 250.00 off the HK Website. I also have , and recommend the Onkyo model 504 which I got for 215.00 from the B & H photo website................

Prices have dropped on lots of models. Also look at Yamaha RX-V 467 Model..............Good luck, trust your ears, your common sense- and don't let some salesperson push you into something that doesn't feel right.............. ( Thanks, now I feel better............).

If you can scrape up another hundred, I like theYamaha RX-V663. I like it so much that I've bought 4 recently - one for my game room, one for my brother, and two for friends. It normally prices at $500, but I've bought them from JR.com (a licensed Yamaha dealer - and I have no affiliations with either them or Yamaha, other than I'm an occasional customer). I called them on the phone and said I know they can sell them for $400 and I need another one for $400 (plus shipping - about $28 shipping) if they want to sell me another one. At $428 delivered I think it's a great receiver.

The reason I like it is that it supports the latest losless codecs used on Blu-Rays (so you are playing the same sound signal - bit-for-bit - used on the studio master recordings for the movies). I play my Blu-Rays on a PS3 (I bought it for its Blu-Ray capability, not for games). The PS3 does the codec decoding in this case, so the signal is sent to the receiver as a "multi-channel PCM" signal across the HDMI cable - either a 5.1 or 7.1 PCM signal. Even for my older TV that doesn't have HDMI connections, I still hook the PS3 to the receiver using HDMI just so the receiver has the best sound signal possible (and then run component video to the TV). The losless codecs make movies sound even better than they did before.

For that much money I want to be able to take advantage of the "perfect" sound signal for movies available from the losless codecs used on Blu-Rays. When I looked around, the RX-V663 was the cheapest option I could find that had what I needed. Basically, I just needed an HDMI receiver that supports multi-channel PCM. All the other, cheaper HDMI receivers I looked at were "video only" or "pass-thru" for their HDMI - meaning they were just video switches as far as HDMI was concerned and for sound you would have to use a fiber-optic or digital coax cable. And fiber-optic/digital-coax cables can't carry the signal from the losless codecs used for movies. They just don't have the bandwidth. You need HDMI for its audio capabilities in Blu-Ray playback even more than you need it for video.

I hope this helped...

Bill