NBA Finals 2007-2008 Boston LA Classic

varay0816

Glad to see the guys on Boston get their Championship!

Kobe is a great player there is no question about that but after seeing the game listed below Michael Jordan is to me will always be higher ranked than Kobe. Not just this game but 6 rings, the way Jordan lead the team.

June 11, 1997 - It was the worst of days, it was the best of nights for Jordan.

On the day of Game 5, with the NBA Finals between the Chicago Bulls and Utah Jazz tied at two games apiece, Jordan was not throwing up jumpers, but throwing up. A slight case of food poisoning compounded by flu-like symptoms had him rushing to only one place - the bathroom in his Salt Lake City hotel.

At game time, Jordan's eyes were glazed, his forehead was burning and he was dehydrated. "I didn't even think he would be able to put his uniform on," teammate Scottie Pippen said.

Once Superman put on his cape, neither the viral illness nor the Jazz could stop him. At the end, when he was most tired and looking like death, he stuck a dagger into the Jazz's championship hopes.

With the Bulls trailing 85-84 with 47 seconds left, Jordan made a game-tying free throw and then swooped in for the rebound after missing the second foul shot. With 25 seconds remaining, he nailed the winning shot, a three-pointer to give the Bulls the lead for good in their riveting 90-88 victory.

Shooting 13-of-27 from the field, Jordan finished with 38 points, including 15 in the fourth quarter, in 44 minutes. He also had seven rebounds, five assists and three steals.

As it turned out, a sick Jordan is still Jordan - the best there ever was with a basketball in his hands.

http://espn.go.com/classic/s/jordanmichaeladd.html

That was the most impressive individual performance I've seen!! To be that sick and still score 38 points was amazing!

Kobe is only 29 so he still could still get 3 or more rings before he retires in what 8-10 years?

I think when the Lakers get their center back they will be a even better team next year and have a great chance to make it to the finals again not that I want them to.

Kobe will always be compared to Jordan until Kobe beats Jordans accomplishments.

I can't quite put Kobe on par with Jordan yet. I can see him as the Clyde Drexler or Reggie Miller of today. my thoughts about Jordan, Magic, Byrd and those type of guys is that no matter when they played the game they would be legendary not just a great player for today. kwim?

• Like 1