Not able to attend 2008 Pilgrimage

• Moderators

Sadly we will not be able to attend the Pilgrimage this year.[:'(]

After our cruise in May I got a very serious kidney infection which prevented us from returning to work much longer than anticipated. While our landscaping clients have been very understanding, it is impossible for us to arrange our schedule to get more than three days off.

We certainly will miss seeing all of our friends, as well as the opportunity to meet the new forum members in attendance. We have decided to take the three days we managed to schedule off and spend some time with our daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren.

We regret making this post at this late date, however we have been diligently working to rearrange our schedule and have finally admitted defeat.[:'(]

We hope to see all of you soon, and at the very latest at the 2009 Pilgrimage.

For those of you that may be "on the fence" about attending the 2008 Pilgrimage, I strongly encourage you to attend, if it's not to late to sign up. We consider every Pilgrimage we have attended to be a "once in a lifetime" event. The folks at Klipsch go out of their way to make this a "family" event. I can not say enough about the hospitality extended to us in past years. The knowledge we have gained and the friendships we have formed far surpassed our expectations upon attending our first Pilgrimage.

Klipsch is the most generous corporation I have ever encountered and I hope each and every one of the forum members would take advantage of their generosity and kindness. I guarantee you will not regret attending this event.

[H] [8] [Y]

• Moderators

Thanks everyone, we will miss seeing everyone again, that's the real reason we were going anyway.

I guess I will have to just read about it this year,[:'(] next year [Y].

HAVE FUN................I know it will be a good time !

• Moderators

It won't be the same without you guys. Maybe I come down to Picayune and mess you up a little bit later in the year or catch you somewhere in between?

Tell Buddy we all said 'Hey Buddy'! Big SmileCool

Like dtel said, we are going to miss seeing you guys.

Michael, you know you are welcome to come down anytime...we officially have one of our guest rooms back since two of our Katrina victims moved out...so you wouldn't have to sleep in the red and blue Spiderman room, which has now been redecorated to "ArmyMan"....a little more subtle than Spiderman colors.

The "in between" get together may be a good option also!

Buddy wasn't happy about not coming to Indy but we bribed him with a trip to Panama City Beach, FL, ( a little easier trip to make in three days) which also has a Margaritaville....so he is "pacified" for now. He and Allie (oldest granddaughter who also went on our most recent cruise) love Margaritaville, which makes sense because they are both huge music fans and all of the Margaritaville's have very colorful "tropical" decor, not to mention the excellent menus.

• Moderators

Like Verna said at the 2006 Pilgrimage in Hope, "That's some good **it man." and we hate to miss it!

Picky, thanks for the kind words and please tell Verna hello for me!

As I read these posts I again realize the friendships we have made through this forum run deep and wide. It just reinforces how much we are going to miss visiting with all of you.

The silver lining is, Dtel wont' be there to win all the great door prizes like usual.... [;)]

I however, will join the crowd with my lament at your absence. Perhaps if you & Colter meet up somewhere in between, it can be in Knoxville and we'll all sit on the dock and splash our feet in the lake.

Does Buddy like to drive tractors and backhoes? (I know you have a tractor...I'm just trying to up the bribe with the mention of the backhoe [6])

• Moderators

That's true about the door prizes [:D] I had decided last year if my name was picked again I would tell them to pick over. I didn't want to start a riot, I was lucky enough for a lifetime winning the Cornwall lll's, and they will outlast me, no doubt.

Probably have some kind of get together before the next pilgrimage, with any luck, or we will just show up and take over Coytee's giant yard, it would be like an old peoples Woodstock ! [C] I'm sure your wife would love that [*-)], but Coytee think of the good side it would prove to her your not the only nut in the group, OK maby that won't help ?

I miss it already, and it never started yet !

it would be like an old peoples Woodstock !

Ahh... we now know the use for the front end loader.... we can use it to carry all of our decrepit old bodies around the farm....sort of like a powered wheel chair?

Speaking of bodies around the farm, did you know the "body farm" is here in Knoxville? Kind of gross, yet kind of fascenating at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

Body Farm, eh?

We have sugar beet processing plant a couple miles from our house.

At certain times of the year when the wind is out of the East, it can stink like hell.

Guess I'll count my blessings from now on.

it would be like an old peoples Woodstock !

Ahh... we now know the use for the front end loader.... we can use it to carry all of our decrepit old bodies around the farm....sort of like a powered wheel chair?

Speaking of bodies around the farm, did you know the "body farm" is here in Knoxville? Kind of gross, yet kind of fascenating at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

[;)]