K79-K vs K75-K efficiency??

jerohm

4 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I like them so much I put them in all of my speakers; my Chorus II's, kp-301-II's and custom kp-362's.

JJ did you re-use the original exponential  tweeter lenses with the DE 120 and they fit properly

3 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

JJ did you re-use the original exponential  tweeter lenses with the DE 120 and they fit properly

No, I used the P-audio lenses in two of them, they have a separate phase plug that needs to be dremeled out, that phase plug is built into the older exponential horn lens. I'm sure it could be done but the new lenses are cheap enough otherwise the mounting of the drivers themselves should be the same. My third set of de-120's are stock from Crites the CT-120 in my 362's.

I run the DE-120 tweeters and A55-g mids in all three of my speakers (two with CF-4 horns) and haven't felt any real desire to move on from that combo they just sound so good smooth and detailed with tight, punchy bass-- I have all of the parts to build a custom pair of KPT-335's but work to slow down a bit to make that happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

I thought there were some differences between -K and -KP woofers, maybe Heresy? Stamped vs cast, 8 vs 4 ohm, something like that.

the Klipsch HIE was the Heresy industrial version , different crossover --same mids k55 and HF k77 - the woofer was the cast  EVM12L or the Eminence k42 -(cast or steel basket )-

• 3 months later...
On 12/22/2020 at 4:05 PM, iaRIVR said:

Shameless bump, this is the K-79-KP, if there is any chance for an "official" view on the specs compared to the K-79-K 😉

Trying to get a Chorus II back to stock, hoping these will work!

IMG_20201222_145531059_HDR1.thumb.jpg.1548384f4114b93addd46012cafc4daf.jpg

YES THEY SHOULD WORK  -----did you use these parts -

On 12/20/2020 at 10:41 PM, RandyH000 said:

the Klipsch HIE was the Heresy industrial version , different crossover --same mids k55 and HF k77 - the woofer was the cast  EVM12L or the Eminence k42 -(cast or steel basket )-

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, Wrench said:

What is the sensitivity for them:

K-75-k=

K-79-k=

B&C DE120=106dB

B&C DE10=107dB

Do B&C replacement drivers need to be attenuated to match the K series?

K-75-K  ~99db (Not attenuated in Forte I/II)

K-79-K  ~101db (Not attenuated in KLF20/30 Chorus I/II)

Edited by winglet
  • Like 2