Considering these Heresy IIs...

HPower

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1218838623

I have been watching for a pair of Heresys and have been having trouble finding a nice pair that wouldn't

have to be shipped to me (Toronto area).

This pair just came up on AGon that will require a 7-8 hour round trip.

My 1st choice would be Heresy I's in WO (my Khorns are '75 WL) but these seem to be in pretty

good condition for a raw birch, with a home stain job.

Any opinions on price, condition, model, vintage, etc?

Your best bet might be to be patient and keep and eye on Canuck Audio Mart. Heresies come up on there fairly frequently. I've bought two pairs of Heresy IIs from the Mart, one pair from near Kingston and another pair from near Vancouver that I was able to hear before buying.

Canada Post from Kingston to Victoria was only $100 for the pair of Heresy IIs, with no cross-border taxes and duties, which are always aggravatingly high.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/search.php?submit=1&keywords=Klipsch

Hey Dflip / Islander,

Ya, I've been watching CAM.

Anything that I have noticed lately has either been a little rough, and/or a little pricey.

And quite often they seem to be black ones like the Orillia seller has listed... not really what I am after.

With the price of gas and the fact that the Agon seller drives a big gas guzzler, he is not keen on driving too

far to meet me but I think he is willing to meet me in Rochester .

That would save me 2-3 hours of driving time.

He is going to get back to me on Monday to confirm if that will be do-able.

Hi oldbuckster,

As I mentioned the Agon seller is going to get back to me on Monday as far as a possible deal and meeting location.

If you have got something that you think might interest me, I would love to hear about it, especially after considering the

great advise I got from you regarding Doug's Corns.

Email sent.

psg... you dog [;)]

I saw those and I even put a couple bids in, but I am not very good at the Ebay thing.

Have you taken delivery yet, how do they look in person?

There was also this pair listed the same time as your new pair (up state New York)

Item# 150255259415

But I was asleep at the wheel on that one also

[:(]

psg... you dog Wink

I saw those and I even put a couple bids in, but I am not very good at the Ebay thing.

Have you taken delivery yet, how do they look in person?

There was also this pair listed the same time as your new pair (up state New York)

Item# 150255259415

But I was asleep at the wheel on that one also

Sad

They are not here yet. The seller took just under a week to ship them, and Canada Post sent them in the opposite direction from Toronto west to Winnipeg; I'm east in Quebec.

HP Check these out. They appear to be walnut, not sure, but close by.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ele/725532672.html

Hey Frank,

Thanks again for the heads-up.

I went down to Buffalo yesterday and picked these babies up.

It ended up being very easy to get to, about 95 miles / 1 3/4 hour drive from my work location.

They are 1986 Birch Raw with a medium dark, home done stain... Nothing wrong with Dfip's eyes [8-|]

The seller was the original owner and they appear to have been very well taken care of, no scratches and perfect corners.

Much to my surprise they also appear to be plywood construction as opposed to MDF... Bonus [:)]

The only down side is that the stain job, while not bad, is not outstanding.

He did not stain the backs, still raw birch, and I am thinking it would be nice if I could bring the rest of the speaker

to match the backs.

I am not sure how deep the stain may have penetrated into the veneer but maybe just a little sanding will do the trick.

I will experiment on the risers first to see if that is the route that I want to go.

As for the ones (Syracuse) that I was originally considering, I spoke the [Z] who bought them and it sounds like mine

might be in slightly better shape, while the stain job is nicer on his.

Frank, thanks again!