There's a thread on every road trip I've done and I've acquired probably 95% of my collection by personal travel. That's how I got to meet so many fascinating Klipsch lovers. In the long view, the people have been more important in my life than the speakers....

Nearly all 100+ Klipsch speakers have been acquired during my 4 years in this Indianapolis home. It's a sickness..

Yeah, I heard Khorns when I was 14 and I had my fiancee co-sign for a loan to get them when I was 23. I was hooked on horns way before then, but admittedly, no one did it better the PWK.

I enjoyed my 3-channel setup (LaScala in the middle) for 30 years. I always needed two stereo ampsand I still have the little resistor box that I built way back when to get the adjustable mono in the middle.

I asked Jim Hunter at last year's pilgrimage why they only used 2-channels to demo the Khorns. I'm glad to see he took my suggestion to heart and made it happen this year.

Anyway I was immune to the disease while working 2 jobs and my kids were growing up. Now that the have left the nest, I got the disease back and it's all your fault Michael. I never would have thought of getting MWM's in my house if it weren't for all those pictures of you standing in front of them with a smug look on your face!!

• Like 1

The House of Klipsch powered a little concert in the park this beautiful Saturday. About 150 people were treated to several small acoustic sets, small band, comedians and speakers at Garfield Park today. The Klipsch KI 362's double stacked and powered by Crown K2, along with KSM2 monitors powered by PS200 did a spectacular job of providing rich, crystal clear sound reinforcement.

M

• 7 months later...

Bump for big off-campus PilgrimageFUN.

Looks like last year we convened near the end of June. The lawn and weather were PERFECT! I remember working outside all day and hardly breaking a sweat. We've got an uber-workshop this year so we can play rain or shine and as late as we want to.

Let's pick a date and do it again, mmm?

Michael

bentz

So I assume there is an XO in that setup for those curves. EQ too? Sorry for so many questions.

jc

I'm showing the passband of each driver with the crossovers in place - no EQ. I didn't get around to setting the delays or doing any EQ or anything like that. It would have required different mic placements and Colter was wanting to get his photoshoot done, lol.

If you'd like, I could provide the individual measurements of each driver. It gets a bit confusing when you put them all in one graph though.

Doc, did you record your DBX crossover points and slopes or are they stored in the DBX? I've got my K41 at the shop and K47EP2's in stock so will be able to make this system run this year. Joey is looking into a cannon snake for hooking it all together and there's finally enough amps here to do the job properly.

M

Doc Doc Doc, you should know better. We all should. I've lost stuff too.

I'm working on the MCM's this week and getting the K41 for the 600's reconed, so with a bit more work, I'll have all those stacks fully up and running, then we can take some good measurements. I even put a door in the shop aiming out across the back yard so we'll have nice area to do ground plane- away from the traffic noise!

Let me know when you can take some time, I'll probably have this all up and running by May 1.

M

Can you believe it crashed when I was trying to back it up too?!?

That's pretty cool with the door shooting out the back...we'll have to rig up a permament mic location to maintain correlation. A while ago I was noticing the presence of cars and other surfaces in the measurements...pretty crazy. Maybe we can dig a little channel in the ground and run a cable out to a little box (that sits low enough for the mower)? Kinda like Klipsch has for their ground planes.

You're gonna be up in Chicago before May 1, no? I wonder when the next company holiday is.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, Rich Rplace just sent me a WHO picture disc of the WHO ARE YOU cover. UBERkewl! Thanks a bunch Rich. I know our photo hardly resembled the boys, but our hearts were there.

gotta get framing this for the hearth room right now!

woohooo WHO THE *** ARE YOU????

DOC- MCM's are fully functional and buttoned up and they sound magnificent!

Michael

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For whenever the next Pilgrimage is ( summer 2010) , I'll be here, but I won't be there (at the headquarters). So feel free to visit during the weekend if you want, mmk? We'll probably have some sort of shindig on Fri or Saturday nights, depending on how the schedule works out. Heck stop by early on Friday if you get into town. Just let me know ahead of time.

Rock on my brothers!

M

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...