EAR please help subwoofer choice...

whatever55

Nice speakers. Well, what is your price range? Many people in the forum seem to be recommending the JL f113. I have heard it and it is amazing but it is costly (approx: $3,500). I've also heard great things about SVS in general but to be more specific the PB13 ultra and the Pb-12/2. They seem to have amazing "bang for the buck". You could buy 3 SVS' for 1 JL. JL also has a planet killer called the Gotham: Dual 13.5" drivers, 3800 watt RMS amp, 4 inch woofer excursion, 360 pounds (approx. 10,000). But, if you want to stay true to Klipsch their RSW series is great and they are selling at great prices right now. I just got 2 RSW-10s in mint condish with boxes for about 850.00. You would probably want the RSW-15 (go on ebay and type this in: klipsch RSW15 subwoofer Sub 15" cherry) for the jubs. If you wanted to fork out more doe you could also go with the RT-12d which is nice (approx: 1500). Or, the THX Ultra 2 subs are selling for low prices right now. They are beastly and pound out 122 db at 20 hz. I found a set with amp in good condition for 2100. There are other forum members here with much more knowledge and experience than I that could also chime in but I hope this helps.

Jeremy

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at the JTR Captivator. I commissioned that design to keep up with our very high output main speakers. The Epik is a heck of a sub...does 104 db at 16 hz which is pretty exceptional for a small sub.

The Captivator was designed by Mark Seaton. It does 112 db at 16 hz. Both are roughly the same price, Captivator comes in a bit higher since it is passive. Captivator is fairly large at 40" x 31" x 24"...but to fit that much gear, your room must be huge.

Yes I am JTR's Home Theater dealer...add grains of NaCl as appropriate.

For a pair of large Klipsch mains only a large sub or multiple smaller will do IMO. The RSW subs simply lack true deep bass extension that wil make a substantial gain in overall SQ(LF limited audio reproduction is reduced fidelity).

This said...

One Epik Conquest, dual JL AUdio f113'd, one eD 900 sub or dual SVS Ultra 13 would fit the bill. All will provide sound quality and output and extension to put a giant smile on your face.

HSU just released the new sealed sub,they have a promo for a four pack ~4K. Should be a killer setup. I will order two of the new HSU's !

For me multiple sealed beat a single huge ported. Ease of placement,stackability, can be disposed around the room to create a seamless ...uniform and smooth response. What you will not achieve witha single sub.

Multiples are always preffered to single units.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd look hard at those HSU Quads, 2 for each system. I think you could do structural damage! Those or Conquests are the contenders for me. 4 Conquests are pricey. I don't care for the mono directional sound of a single sub. I've read good comments about the wireless aspect, but I remain suspicious and really uninformed about that. Seems way cool. Think you give up a bit of efficiency for the wireless. I'd run it wired as I still cling to old technologies a while.

Happy hunting

No efficiency is lost because of wireless. Today's wide spread wireless technology is able to transmit full range audio with little to no issues. The very narrow 1-150Hz range is no problem for any half competent transmiter system.

Will there be noise,not if the system is designed properly.

Wireless is a BIG bonus,I I could only connect my subs and amps with less wires...what a gift it would be.