RF-3 II's

Rocko81

I was hoping some would could help me out. I bought a nice pair of RF-3 II's and they sound great. One of the things I noticed was the 1 cone on each speaker has a slight crinkle in it. As I started looking around at more pictures of others RF-3's I noticed a similer issue. Does anyone know what this may be caused by?

Thank you,

Rocko

Probably because these people leave the grills off and something has come in contact with the driver. One of my golden retrievers wagged his tail into one of mine and wrinkled it. I was able to get a replacement right from Klipsch for about $60-70.00. Plus, my salesman where I bought them was able to smooth the wrinkles out a bit, so I just kept the replacement for a spare.

Hello, I had the same problem with one of mine. Unless you are turning the volume up enough to get the cone to flex it will be just fine. I replaced mine, and I believe it was about the same price as was stated. You will need a T-20 torx screwdriver to remove the woofer if you do decide to go down this route.

You got a really good deal.</p>

It is not a design flaw, they are very delicate. The sound is not going to be affected at all, it is just cosmetic.</P>

My neighbor little kid thought it would be fun to push the paper cone on 2 of the woofers, because I do keep the grills off of mine I had to replace them for cosmetic reasons. The cost is around $ 65.00 each.

The RF 3 II are great speakers you will enjoy them