rf82 + .......

delhite2

i've recently bought sr705 from onkyo. i'm planning to buy rf 82's as front 2, rw12d as sub, c2(synergy) as centre, 2 pairs s2 (synergy) as surrounds,

the setup will be used for both music and HT.

i chose to go with c2 and s2 'coz of budget constraints, but as i love bass i chose rf 82 as sub rw12d.

i've also almost finalized the above config, but now it strickes to me of checking the setup with you pro guys....

so what do you have to say...(please dont drown my heart)

thanks people

Buy the RF-82's and RW-12d sub but not the synergy series with reference series. If short cash flow prevents you from voice matching the whole setup, buy the RC-62($375.00-$450.00) center and wait on the rear surrounds until your budget allows. You should be able to find the RS-42's for about $400.00/pair. The left-center-right is most important in home theater(seamless flow from left to right). The synergy series C2 and (4) S2's would still cost you about $950.00. Ditch the extra surrounds for now and have an all 5.1 reference setup. Then when your budget allows and you still want 7.1, buy the rears.

Bill

You also may be able to save a little coin by getting the SUB12 instead of the RW12D. Then use the money saved to put toward the RC62 instead of the C2. Do not skimp on the center as the other poster has said.

As always, welcome to the forum.

I have an all synergy set up:

fronts - b-3's

center -ksp -c6

surrounds- sb-1's and a sub-10.

I don't think the c-2 can keep up with your rf82's as I have ksp-c6 which is equivalent to the c-3 and it's great with the b-3's but I think the c-2 would have been a little lacking. ymmv...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...