Klipschorn Jubilee and Pro Cinema Theater Pics

bhendrix

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

" The whole thing came together with great sound from fronts and rears."

I hate to sound like a smart*** but what would expect with those speakers ! [;)]

Is that a small horse up in the front listening ? Look in the reflection on the right.

Looks great!

How far is it from the screen to the front row of seats (let's say center seat, viewer's head position)?

Do you have any problem with the bulk of the music image (the "virtual orchestra") shifting to the side for people in the extreme side seats? I realize that the dialog is probably nicely centered by your JubeScala, the way it is by my Belle Klipsch, but I have a problem with the impression of the orchestra shifitng when I have five seats across, rather than just three.

Thanks

Do you have any problem with the bulk of the music image (the "virtual orchestra") shifting to the side for people in the extreme side seats? I realize that the dialog is probably nicely centered by your JubeScala, the way it is by my Belle Klipsch, but I have a problem with the impression of the orchestra shifitng when I have five seats across, rather than just three.

Wouldn't the outer seats be for the "overflow" or late-arriving guests? Every seat can't be ideally located, but if most of them are, good enough. Why leave out several seats just because they're a bit farther from the center?

How far is it from the screen to the front row of seats (let's say center seat, viewer's head position)?

Hi Garyrc,

The front row viewer is between 12'6" and 13' from the screen, depending on how you rock back.

Do you have any problem with the bulk of the music image (the "virtual orchestra") shifting to the side for people in the extreme side seats?

The best seat is front row, center. The second best seat is second row, center. Music stage imaging does deteriorate as you move away from center, though no one seems to mind when watching movies or sporting events.

The 402 horns do an amazing job of setting the stage and control dispersion. Much better than any other speaker I have heard.

What material is used for the screen?

Hi xman,

The material is from Chris Seymour at seymourav. I asked Roy to measure the material so we could adjust EQ on the JubScala. Roy said it was one of the best screens he had measured and required no change in EQ.

http://www.seymourav.com/

My screen is 60" high by about 107" wide. The material sells for about $20 per linear foot on a 63" wide roll. The total cost of my screen was under $200.

DIY screen instructions can be found on Chris's website here:

http://www.seymourav.com/articles/DIYFixedFrame0712.pdf

Way Super Bill !!!!! NICE.

But where's the KPT-Grand-HF-T tweeter? I totally discounted any consideration to the pro cinema Jubilee because of it's 98.6" (8'+) height.