Klipschorn Jubilee and Pro Cinema Theater Pics

bhendrix

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Can I ask what made you choose the side surrounds and backs? And your feelings on how they blend in good or bad too Bill?

Hi Roger,

#1 Reason for Ki-102 / Ki-172 surrounds: height above window and door limited to 12". KPT-8001 too tall. No

#2 Reason: Drivers in Ki-102 and Ki-172 are identical to drivers in KPT-8001. Same sound. Yes

#3 Reason: Found Ki-102's and 172's on ebay for less than $200 per pair. Both pair were new in box. Yes

#4 Reason: They sound FANTASTIC. These are the same speakers used in Hard Rock Cafes. Big Smile

#5 no x-curve! Interesting! I had been considering the KPT series, but the x-curve stopped me. This is an alternative!

#5 no x-curve! Interesting! I had been considering the KPT series, but the x-curve stopped me. This is an alternative!

Peter,

The KPT-100 models that Rigma was selling off also had the x-curve, but a single jumper on the crossover board bypassed it. This could probably be done on others as well.

Bruce

Peter,

The KPT-100 models that Rigma was selling off also had the x-curve, but a single jumper on the crossover board bypassed it. This could probably be done on others as well.

Bruce

Thanks for that info; news to me. Maybe Klipsch would confirm that for me for current models such as the KPT-8001 or KPT-1201.

Peter,

Bruce

Thanks for that info; news to me. Maybe Klipsch would confirm that for me for current models such as the KPT-8001 or KPT-1201.

Contact Bob Crites, I think he knows how to do this mod as he might be the one that came up with the solution. I think cecca, has done this. But I could be completely wrong.

• 4 years later...