best sub under $500?

ilovesound

Hi, i am needing a new home theater subwoofer, as i only have a 30 watt onkyo subwoofer. I listen to rap, and am looking for a good thumping sub for both music and movies, i have a klipsch quintet 3 system, and recently upgraded to a klipsch c-3 center channel, and am now looking at buying a pair of f-3 floorstanding speakers for fronts , as well as a pair of b-3 speakers for rears. i have a sony str-dg600 receiver. i was looking at the klipsch sub-12 and the jbl venue 12 inch sub, please give me any opinions/advice that i can use, thanks

Taylor

Elemental Designs A3 300 with the upgraded driver comes to $500, free shipping. I have one and it kicks butt. Im was born and raised in Oklahoma. Picher Okla but its not really there any more. Tornado took it out. Anyway, good luck. There will be others who will help you out I'm sure.

check in the Subwoofer catagory...I bet the Synergy Sub12 is gonna be the best bet or something from HSU or Outlaw Audio...Outlaw is running a sale right now...I have an older LFM-1 and it meshes great with Klipsch Heritage...also check for a guy who goes by the name "theEAR" as he has tried and bought about everything out there...really!

Bill

Guest srobak

If you are referring to the sub10, then I agree. However - the Sub12 at less than half gain and crossed at 80 will pound the daylights out of you.

I pretty much went the same route as you with the Quintets and now have the F-3's, C-3 and SUB-12. I can 120% say the SUB-12 POUNDS. It shakes the floor when I watch movies and sounds great for music as well. By the way, don't let anyone persuade you from buying the F-3's. I went to hear the RF-82 because I wanted to "upgrade" to me there was such a minimal (if any) difference it wasn't worth spending the extra money. However you may want to look into a new reciever IMO.

Rocko