Need a new pre: C220,Blueberry or Audio Note l2?

Well the C220 will hold/gain in value...so if your into collecting...

Having been a big Mac fan for years and listening to both the C220 and a BBX with tubes and SS, I can say that I'm a convert!!! I would not hesitate to get the BBX....fact of the matter I have been unloading all my mac gear and plan on getting a BBX myself in the fall..

Duke is 110% correct...save your money and spend it upgrading something else....heck for the diff in price you could probably get and refurb a thorens TD124...if your into that kind of thing.....

Oh, here we go with the lovefest again..................Wink

Yes, a Juicymusic pre would be my choice (and still is).

Carl.

To be a little contrary, I prefer a C2200. It will hold its value...and blue meters........

Those blue meters are mesmerizing! I'm a fan of Mcintosh and the C2200 is a great pre and I would Love one (in the way I'd love a porsche )... but the sticker on those are like $4500 and used $3200 and if my math is correct it will hold 70% of its value.......BBXII $1700 new and $1200 used....about the same 70%

I don't have the BBX yet ,but have heard them and they are wonderful in most systems....BBXII will be my next major purchase and i could swing the C-2200, but why???

Oh, here we go with the lovefest again..................Wink

Yes, a Juicymusic pre would be my choice (and still is).

Carl.

To be a little contrary, I prefer a C2200. It will hold its value...and blue meters........

Those blue meters are mesmerizing! I'm a fan of Mcintosh and the C2200 is a great pre and I would Love one (in the way I'd love a porsche )... but the sticker on those are like $4500 and used $3200 and if my math is correct it will hold 70% of its value.......BBXII $1700 new and $1200 used....about the same 70%

I don't have the BBX yet ,but have heard them and they are wonderful in most systems....BBXII will be my next major purchase and i could swing the C-2200, but why???

Porsche's are terrific cars. Insurance is a little high. I was able to get over 30 mpg with my 944 (Metallic Sapphire....). Course the BBXII reminds me of the Mazda RX-7 (a Porsche starter kit)[:)].

Well I need to dream and drool over something[:D][:D][:D]

Started with my Klipshorns with ALK ES networks and my Vintage Sansui AU-111, this fall I want to add a BBXII and VRD monos to the line up, then I would really love to get a MC 275 V (I had an original) and C2200........It would be nice to be able to go back and forth from system to system...try one on the Cornwalls against the other on Khorns...But I'd probably do better by upgrading sources first to a higher end TT and CD

I always kinda liked the sleepers myself.......I had a Mitsubishi Evo VIII with no whale tail...no scoop..very stealthy intercooler...plain white......but 550 whp .....I handed quiet a few $100,000 +++ imports there asses .......Beat some kid in a porsche at Morosso by over 2 seconds and he bought my Evo (burnt clutch and all) on the spot...

So to me the BBXII is a real sleeper....not to flashy but delivers on race day.