CM Laboratories RR805 receiver

ajcllc

I just purchased this C/M Laboratories solid state receiver from the original owner and am very impressed with the build quality and as well as sound quality. I am told it was an earlier receiver/preamp from the '70's by the company. Has anyone every heard one of these? They seem quite rare, and I cannot find much on the internet about them. Thanks!

post-17591-1381938174655_thumb.jpg

post-17591-1381939315315_thumb.jpg

I have a circa 1970ish CM Labs 911 stereo amp, 60wpc. It was factory modded to use the 6 pin Jones cables for my Erath LWE-1A speakers that I bought from Frznvt a few years ago. It's made of cast iron, weighs a ton and does an admirable job. I currently use it without a preamp since it has volume controls on the back. It actually sounds better this way to my ears. Someday I'm sure it'll also make a fine boat anchor but for now it's pulling beach house duty. They don't build 'em like they used to!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My Dad purchased one of these CM Labs RR805 - I don't know when. I can't give you any real info about it.

My request is - how much did you pay for it?

He cannot use his any more due to his age, and we need to sell it.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Daniel

Daniel, I have a good friend in the Boston area who would be estactic if he could buy your Dad's receiver. He is wheelchair bound and has limited travel abilities, but I would be glad to help financially and coordinating to get it in good hands. If you are interested, my cell is 314-651-9396.

Thanks,

Dave

• 12 years later...