Not too proud to ask.......

CECAA850

For prayers.

My 10 year old daughter (Amy) will be in TX childrens hospital tomorrow undergoing shunt revision surgery. She had a shunt installed when she was about a month old. It seems a blood vessel burst in the ventrical in her brain making drainage of spinal fluid impossible. A shunt was installed to drain spinal fluid from her ventricle because her spinal column would not allow it to drain normally due to the bleed. She's been fine for 10 years and is even in the gifted/talented class at her school. Last weekend, the tube broke in her neck so off we go to have it fixed. Prayers helped us through last time, and I'm sure they will again. If all goes well, we'll be back home Saturday or Sunday. Thanks, so much.

Carl

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our thoughts are with you/her....

My wifes neice has spinal biffida and from being an infant to now (18 years later) has to go through various surgeries including shunts. Never in my life would I wish upon anyone what this poor girl has gone through. One of her worst surgeries (in my view) was to install a rod in her spine as well as clean out some scar tissue from prior surgeries.

As I understand it...they had to cut her back open to clean out some scar tissue and during the same day, they closed that up, flipped her over and cut through her front to install the rod in her spine. She was essentially sliced in two that day. It's possible I've got the program backwards and they put the rod in from the back and scar tissue in from the front but that's not what I was told.

Regardless.... to meet her is to meet a beacon of sunshine and you'd never know she's had all these trials & tribulations.

Keep us informed.

[Y]

Thanks again all, especially from my daughter. For any one else that posts, thank you too. This is my last post for now. We're going over to Houston tonight instead of leaving at 4:00A.M. tomorrow. We've got to pack and whatnot, so I've got to run. I'll report back with GOOD news ASAP.[Y]