OldBuckster and Budman-Heresy III's have a new home

Frank1938

Just installed the Heresy III's as the center channel in my HT. Played the Eagles Melbourne DVD to balance the system. You should hear the sax on the horns!! Wonderful. A lot more bass than on my Heresy II's. Great sounding speakers.

Budman, thanks on the tip on the crossovers. I had them removed and shipped separately via FedEx. Everything arrived safely. Thanks again.

Frank

Are you using 3 Heresy III's as the fronts/center? Or are you using a Heresy III in the center with the Heresy II's as the mains? I own 1977 Heresy I's and was thinking of moving them to surround and getting 3 new Heresy III's in the front/center. However, if I can just buy one Heresy III for the center and leave the Heresy I's up front, I would save a bundle if they are an acceptable match.

I've heard the Heresy III's are a major upgrade over the Heresy I and II. Therefore, I at least want a Heresy III in the center for my home theater. My big question is will the Heresy III in the center match two Heresy I's in the front. If not, I'll have to buy 3 Heresy III's for the fronts/center and move the Heresy I's to the surround.

OB, they make an awesome center channel. Listening now to Alison Krauss DVD. Sounds like the dobro is jumping right out at me. I'm crossing them over at 60hz right now and the bass is quite nice. I'll have to put them lower and see just what they can do. Definitely worth the investment. Thanks for asking.

Frank