Best imaging I've ever heard? (Thanks Roger!)

Coytee

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That picture does not do quite justice for michael hurds minibeast, I do not quite know how the camera made it small but by no means was it small as Mike had to remove the door to get it out of the car!

Sorry, Jay. I think it's the fact that Roger's room is so large that I was sitting a good distance back from the sub and with all that flat black, viewers have no point of reference with with to just the sub's enormity. Believe me: It is huge! Maybe this shot shows that better?

Oh no don't be sorry at all... When I meant camera I meant camera and not the user.... I have noticed that most cameras don't show too much persepective in how large an object really is, the only few cameras I do notice is the ones using 50 mm lenses. Also yes Roger's room is rather large and everything is black.

If this is the best youv'e heard then you should listen to a pair of B&W speakers

I've heard B&W 800s a few times, always driven with high-quality electronics. They sound pretty good, with a nice clear mid-range, but they really need a sub to help with the bottom end, to my ears, at least.

Have you ever heard Jubilees, or even JubScalas? You might be surprised, when you realize that the rave reviews don't exaggerate at all. I wouldn't trade my JubScalas for B&Ws, but that's my personal preference. If your 804s make you happy, good for you.

In my case, I decided not to try and use a short (2.75 feet) horn to do low bass, but to use twin 6-foot MWMS's stacked up. Bass is not a problem in my place and I only use 2 Watt PEAKS for music and 10-20W peaks for movies cranked up. This is BEFORE I turn on another big amp for my VMPS subs.

It's and "incremental process" for me, but I do like your approach as well. All Klipsch, all good.

It's been kind of incremental for me, too. I started two years ago with my La Scalas, and now I've got JubScalas and two pairs of Heresy IIs.

However, I do envy your system, but I don't have room for Jubilees, never mind MWMs. What I've got seems totally adequate for my apartment, though. [;)] [H]

However, I do envy your system, but I don't have room for Jubilees, never mind MWMs. What I've got seems totally adequate for my apartment, though. WinkCool

Obviously you need a big house as your next upgrade!![:D][:P] As do I!!!

You know, you have to love that speaker. Might have to take it to bed with you. I'm afraid to ask--what do you drive that baby with?

JJK

JJKIZAK: From what Michael Hurd told me, he drives that sub with a huge QSC Amp that pumps out about 2.5 to 3 KWatts. -Glenn