Members Weekly Music Recommendations-July 21

callmeishmael

After having to lay off two people today, I gots the blues. Not as much as the two, I will bet.

Koko Taylor "Old School". Chicago style with some great guitar solos. I think she was 'bout 70 years young when this was recorded. Check out the song Young Fashioned Ways.

Happy trails.

P.S. Will someone recommend a place to get Roy Rogers yodeling music?

Crap, that sucks. Hard times and layoffs go hand in hand. The '91 Recession turned me from VP of an insurance brokerage into a housepainter. I really do feel your pain.

I've always liked Koko Taylor but don't have any of her music so that's a great recommendation.

For me I'm going with Phil Manzanera, " Diamond Head", rock, lp. This is a strange lp, part Zappa, part latin beat, part straight up rock. Hard to categorize and harder to explain. Pretty cool stuff, though, and well recorded.

POLYSICS

20071121polysicsrocketphi9.jpg

What happens when Japanese teenages consume a steady diet of Devo, Kraftwerk, Talking Heads, B-52s and many other similar bands? You get a hectic fast passed romp of all these influences thrown back at you and done even better. I have seen them live and they are incredible. Fumi is one of the best best players alive. LONG LIVE POLYSICS!

167953278_880ba580be.jpg?v=0

If you click on the Flash link to the right of song title it should play.

http://www.neowing.co.jp/track_for_cdj.html?KEY=KSCL-1183

Amazon samples for Now Is The Time.

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Time-Polysics/dp/B000E1XOEE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1216740334&sr=1-3

Hazy, Hot, Humid, on and off rain, sticky summer weather, speaking of summer, Allman Brothers at SPAC ...............

BROTHERS AND SISTERS : THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND .................... CD .................. 1973

Dedicated To A Brother ; Berry Oakley .............. Another death hits the Allmans, first Duane, now Berry, but they press on. I think this is their first studio work without Duane. This is a good album, and Ramblin' Man may be their biggest hit, but just to hear them carry on is good. Richard Betts steps up, and holds his own, the man can play, and he has learned, and grown with Duanes help, and is ready to carry the banner. He is helped by the great sessions man Les Dudek, on any of the twin lead and fill in parts, remember ol' Les. Lamar Williams is brought in for Berry Oakley,except for Wasted Words, and Ramblin' Man, which Berry recorded, and fills the void. Not Their BEST album, but an important, and Good album, that should be part of any Allman Brothers Collection ................ Hate to lump these guys into Southern Rock, they are far better than that, and they were around before Southern Rock took off ..................