The Dark Knight

Amy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to this post! Being a huge Batman fan (I actually am Batman) I may be a bit biased but who isn't? I thought it was amazing. The story was very interesting and deep and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Although I'm a philosophy/sociology buff so I always love to delve into that arena in movies. Heath Ledger did an outstanding job. Even though he was a complete sociopath in the movie he still made you love him. It had nuances of CSI/24 twists with great action and a bit tragic irony. I'm not sure I would take young children to it but to each is own. Great inspiring movie juxtaposing the innate goodness of man in the face of extreme persecution envisaged by an antagonist. Oh, and done without much swearing or sexual content (sorry Jacksonbart) I might add.

Dark Knight for the win! If you haven't seen this movie yet, just go out tonight with whoever and see it. I saw it for my second time last night, and it was just as good as the first watching. Everything was played out well, I can't really think of anything bad to say about the movie. Heath Ledger did an AMAZING job as the psychotic Joker. While watching the movie I totally forgot that it was him playing that roll. Top notch stuff here, go see it.... NOW!

This is a really good movie, worth the price of admission to see it in a movie theater. It is a little long, but almost all of it is none stop action. A bit like seeing the last Star Wars movie. A lot of fun with a familiar friend.

Heath Ledger really did a great job with the joker. Even wonderful actors like Gary Oldman are eclipsed by his performance. It is not however, a movie for the very young. I hate to think how prudish I’ve become, but I didn’t like the parents who brought small children to a flick rated PG13.

Edit: Possible Spoiler!

Not the main theme though....

OK, Here is why....There is a scene that involves the crazed "PERSON" ( Is that better Amy? LOL ) who is debating to kill a mans wife.. or worse his kids right in front of him. (Yes it is a movie, but very realistic.) Anyone who is a parent understands this dilema of saying or begging this scenario.... take me, take my life... Just do not hurt my kids... All this while the kid is crying at the hands of a madman. The scene is realistic and puts everyone in a very uncomfortable feeling indeed!

OK, Here is why....There is a scene that involves the crazed Joker who is debating to kill a mans wife.. or worse his kids right in front of him. (Yes it is a movie but very realistic.) Anyone who is a parent understands this dilema of take me, take my life... Just do not hurt my kid... All this while the kid is crying at the hands of a madman. The scene is realistic and puts everyone in a very uncomfortable feeling indeed!

Heck I don't want to see that

• Moderators

Don't worry, Roger's recollection is a bit off, but I won't say why. It won't ruin the movie. [:)]

**It was not my intent to have people post spoilers here, but if you do, please indicate you are including them before you actual reveal them!**

As for me, this is by far the best comic book hero movie I've ever seen. One of the best action movies I've ever seen. And I'd even go so far as to say one of the best movies I've seen in recent years. It was long, but never felt long.

I can't wait to see it again.

And yes, I concurr about this not being for kids at all. I question the PG-13 rating, but I guess most 13 year olds have seen it all these days.

I did not think it was a spoiler per se'. I did not reveal what did happen... But sitting around noticing a lot of say under 10 year olds.... With mommie and daddie cause it was Batman.. A few kids leaving very scared..A few crying... Even a few adults VERY uncomfortable.. I thought ok to post.

I am curious... How is my recollection off? PM ME.

• Moderators

I am curious... How is my recollection off? PM ME.

PM sent!

I enjoyed Batman Begins very much as well, seti, but this one blew it away, IMO. I think I'll enjoy it even more the second time simply because there is so much going on and it's very fast-paced.

I've seen it twice now, and have to agree that it is probably one of, if not THE, best film made in this genre.

I do have to disagree with the previous comment about having to love the Joker... I loved the performance, but the character is an amoral monster, and there was way too much laughing at some of his more terrible deeds at both screenings I saw, in situations that had me just saying, Good God, what is he going to do next?

It is very sad that we will not have the opportunity to see Ledger's Joker reprised for another film...

• Moderators

I think it just happened to be filmed there. It seems the point of Gotham is to be depicted as a franken-city of sorts, a non-distinct mesh of all major American cities, which is why they never show major obvious landmarks.