The Dark Knight

Amy

I can see some positive in the fact that Ledger doesn't have to perform as Joker again, and that is the inevitable debate of if he blew it the 2nd time or not.

A performance that far into the character should just stand alone, without tarnish from follow-on performances.

Someone will be asked to do Joker in the next movie, and they'll have a chance to really shine. Actually, I think the writers and casters will search until they find the perfect person. They won't let crap get on the screen. It might take a long time to find the next Joker though...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed this movie.

Did you guy's notice the music when the joker was talking and acting crazy? Everything was 100% in this film.

I did not notice any kids in the theater where I was.

What I found odd was there was a guy in the group sitting down the isle from us who did not understand the ending? Listening to his friends try to explain it to him was a trip.

JM

Saw it at one of the Regal Cinemas here tonight . Klipsch surround , 5 wedged Heresy looking critters on each side . No idea of what the front array consisted of . Sound was good , movie was good .

If they were Klipsch, that would have been the KPT-250, which is essentially a heavy duty Heresy-type 3-way surround speaker.

See my post here regarding my thoughts on the sound system. I'm not impressed with IMAX sound. I think I'll go see it at Regal theater so I can listen to it on Klipsch speakers.

I can't wait to get this one home! Or to Roger's- Dark Knight will be awesome on that all LSI system with THX subs ! woohoo

Someone will be asked to do Joker in the next movie, and they'll have a chance to really shine.

My choice would be Gary Oldman. Not taking away anything away from Heath as he played the Joker role flawlessly and cant imagine any actor topping his performance and IMHO made the movie and I would see it again at the cinema just to see the Joker. But if anyone would come close to Heath's performance Gary Oldman is my choice. Anyone seen the Professional or True Romance - the proof is in the pudding that is all I have to say.

• Moderators

My choice would be Gary Oldman.

That might be a little weird, considering he's Commish. Gordon...

I'm trying to think of someone who does "crazy" well, and Daniel Day Lewis comes to mind, although he's a bit older. I think Matt Damon could probably do a decent job. If they do recast the role, I feel bad for whoever gets the part. Talk about your tough act to follow...

That might be a little weird, considering he's Commish. Gordon...

Hi Amy - Excuse my ignorance, I'm sorry but I dont understand what you mean by "Commish". I asked people around me and they had no idea either,

Ok crazy well - to me Gary Oldman would always be my first pick for this role (if a second movie was made with the Joker character), followed by Robin Williams.

I actually didn't enjoy Ledger's performance of Joker...

I dunno, I really enjoy the new style of the batman movies, and the idea behind the character of Joker is way awesome...but I think the awesomeness of the role masked some of the lackluster performance from Ledger.

I hesitate saying this, but there was way too much drag queen. It was only after complaining about it that my family informed me that Ledger was actually gay! I dunno what I would have thought if I had known that going into the movie, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting from the Joker role.

I hesitate saying this, but there was way too much drag queen. It was only after complaining about it that my family informed me that Ledger was actually gay! I dunno what I would have thought if I had known that going into the movie, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting from the Joker role.

Wow Mike , I saw the same movie and did not get or come away with any gay connotations . I thought Ledgers performane was great ! You say your family knows he was gay ? Did they know him personaly or arrive at this from some other movie role Ledger had . He does have a child ya know . Not that having a child means he wasn't gay .

I detect that you left the theatre somewhat uncomfortable . " Why sooo serious ?! "

I just saw the movie tonight. It was really good but the hype was abit too much. As far as acting ability Ledger stole the show. Best Joker ever too bad he won't return. The movie wasn't totally predictable. The casting was good.

• Moderators

It was only after complaining about it that my family informed me that Ledger was actually gay!

He once played a gay man in a movie. Important distinction. [;)]

I'm with the others, I loved him as the joker. A real force, and embodied "lunacy" quite nicely.

It was only after complaining about it that my family informed me that Ledger was actually gay!

He once played a gay man in a movie. Important distinction. Wink

I'm with the others, I loved him as the joker. A real force, and embodied "lunacy" quite nicely.

The scene with the Joker leaving the Hospital was just insane. He really made you believe his character was insane. It is so sad he died when he did because he was starting work on a Terry Gilliam film and all his films are genius... IMO. One of Ledgers friends said that his was scared of Ledger while he was preparing for this role because he was really throwing himself into it. It ain't easy to act that crazy for so many weeks. I imagine if he had taken some time off between roles he would still be here.

I do have a complaint about the movie but it may be with movies in general. I hate the theater sound systems. The shutgun blast are so over exaggerated with bass that rumbles on for too long. The audio special affects seem to be getting worse. I do not want to be on a bass roller coaster ride when I see a movie. I want to hear what things really sound like. This trend seems to be getting worse in audio effects. Boo hiss.