New to Klipsch - F-3

goombatommy

Greetings all! I am new to the Klipsch community (coming from the Polk Audio community), and I have a few questions. Now - just for reference, I currently have:

Denon AVR-887 Reciever
Polk Audio Monitor 50 - fronts
Polk Audio CS1 - Center
Advent - Rears
Velodyne DSP-10 - Subwoofer

Now, we just got the F-3 floorstanding and the C2 center channel speaker in at work today. I listened to them and they sounded VERY, VERY impressive. Now, my question is - comparing apples to apples here, would it be a significant upgrade from what I have now? I can get the speakers for about $340 per speaker (F-3); $190 for the C2. That is pretty much my budget as well, whereas my wife would probably kill me if I spent any more lol.

Now I've read mixed reviews; some people love em, some people hate them. Again, I really cannot spend any more. Any advice would be great. Thank you all so much! :)

-Tom

WELCOME TO KLIPSCH! WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

alright, now let me first off say, don't spend that much money on those speakers!

buy them much cheaper either from here or here.

thats all the input i can add. i don't know much about other speaker brands and how they compare. i just know how to find good prices. you have to call both places, don't try using the web sites, they suck. you can get a much better klipsch rf-82 pkg for the prices you just listed.

good luck and you are on the right road.....

• Moderators

Hey Tom. Welcome to the forums. I cannot comment on the Synergy series since I am only familiar with the Reference line. I am a Polk Audio convert. I had the Polk RT-800's, CS300 and FX500's. All I can say is that when I bought a pair of Klipsh CF-2 speakers, they absolutely blew away my previous Polk speakers. I'll have to let others give advice on your particular comparison. Just wanted to say hi!

you're "lowly" Synergy F3s are updated Reference RF-3s (according to Klipsch) so you should be fine...many go for the Reference line because (well by now there have been two generational changes from the RF-3s) they can be bought on sale for very close to the price of the F3s...just something to think about...if not...go for the Synergy...a buddy has those for mains on his HT and loves 'em...the C2 or C3 are "voice" matched to the other Synergy speakers so it might not be a perfect voice match for Reference if you go that route...voice matching is very important as is your choice of a center channel...good luck and welcome!

Bill

you're "lowly" Synergy F3s are updated Reference RF-3s (according to Klipsch) so you should be fine...many go for the Reference line because (well by now there have been two generational changes from the RF-3s) they can be bought on sale for very close to the price of the F3s...just something to think about...if not...go for the Synergy...a buddy has those for mains on his HT and loves 'em...the C2 or C3 are "voice" matched to the other Synergy speakers so it might not be a perfect voice match for Reference if you go that route...voice matching is very important as is your choice of a center channel...good luck and welcome!

Bill

Ohh, okay. Gotcha :). I've been looking over some of the Reference series, but either I'm looking in the wrong places - but alot of them are way over my budget =(.

So your saying if I decide to go with the Synergy F-3 floors, the C-2 center speaker will match just right? Thank you for your help on this :).

Welcome goombatommy

I have the F-3, C-3 and Sub-12. Let me tell you they rock the house. Most of my listening is for home theater and they sound great. I got a great deal on all my speakers but decided I would check out the RF-82's. I couldn't justify spending the money on the RF's as the sound (at least to me) were so close. But that's just my opinion. Good luck!

Rocko

thats very good rocko....that's the point of all of this. no matter what the specs say on paper, it boils down to if you can HEAR the difference.

thats the reason i bought the rf-7's instead of the rf-82's. i couldn't see much of an upgrade between the 82's and my ksf 10.5's (they were upgraded). not to mention the 7's are one Bad A*S speaker!

Greetings Goombatomy,

I am also new to Klipsch community; do more viewing than posting. I have the F-3 (black fridy sale BB). I bought the C-3 from Amazon for 225 ( today is 200) delivered. And now Amazon has the S-3 pair (which I just ordered) for 254 delivered. They have a combo deal for C-3 and S-3 for 450. Might save you some money and help you stay in your budget. I am upgrading from the quintets for a larger room.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Synergy-Center-Channel-Speaker/dp/B0011YXGAA/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b

Tom,

Welcome to the Form.

1. If you like the sound of the F3's and they fit within your Budget............go for it. This is a good speaker.

2. This way your buying locally, have local service and helping your Community..................plus you don't have to worry about the scary "Shippers"..........

Good Luck, Trust Your Ears, follow your Budget !