HSU Releases ULS-15: SEALED and WIRELESS 15 inch SUB

Submarine

http://forum.hsuresearch.com/showthread.php?t=6557

This was released in the last two weeks. It's a sealed, wireless 15 inch unit and reported to reach 10 HZ properly set up and tuned in the right environments. It's probably too new to see many reliable samples of 3rd party testing/reviews/ratings. One owner posted very well-written set-up and tuning trials on a "QUADDRIVE".

His test results look like this may be a major contender. HSU has 3 price packages offering single units, and the price drops off for "DUALDRIVE" and "QUADDRIVE" packages.

I've been looking at ULTRA 13's, JL Audio F-113's, Velo's DD's and others. At the highest price point of $1,300.00 plus $55.00 shipping for a single unit ($1100 each for the DUALDRIVE packages and $1000 each for the QUADDRIVE packages plus shipping), the ULS-15 is on my short list to "wait and watch" upcoming test evaluations.

Each one comes with a single wireless transmitter. One transmitter is reported to supply the proper signal strength for up to four units simutaneously. Please post any additional comments or 3rd party test links. TY

I give them a two thumbs up for the wireless link... but to expect these modules to reach 10 hz without major suspension noise from the driver at any sort of useable output level ( even the LMS 5400 18" with 10" spiders can't do it without suspension noise ) is how would you say... a rather lofty goal.

If you are truly interested in "trolling the bottom" there are other alternatives as well.

Yes, 10 HZ is admireably lofty. Unless I'm following graphs from the above HSU Forum link uncorrectly, it appears difficult to easily produce useable bass below 16 Hz. - especially from a simple "plug-and-play" perspective. One owner of a new QuadDrive set is working with a newer bass calibration unit engineered to calibrate lower to 10 Hz.

The subjective listening comments on music and HT Cinema sound quality comments are promising. New product excitement has to be factored, too.

Single digit extension is real and output can be quite impressive,for this you need four subs in a smaller room,eight in a mid sized and probably 16+ units in a larger room.

Slight OT...

Sincle I will have over 20 subs in a tiny room...eh...single digit output is no biggie for me and absolute monster output 16Hz up, ~30hz I will be capable of competition car like SPL(not I would dare push it this far)and structural damage.