BEST SUBWOOFER DEAL EVER.

dkalsi

I MIGHT be offering my subs for sale to fellow forums members.... This will be a local MD/DC/VA.

All the subwoofer gurus (Michael, Jay, The EAR, and all else) here at the forum can chime in and let you know how good of a deal I am offering.

The woofer array includes 1 TC Sounds DVC 15" 2000 woofer and one TC Sounds 18" VMP Variable Tuning Passive Radiator in each of the two cabinets. System is currently tuned for 20hz..

I will offer this for a killer price to forum members only. I just don't want to sell it to anyone who will buy these from me and sell for a profit

sub1.jpg

sub3.jpgsub3.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be willing to drive down there to pic them up [:P] seriously, I do like that setup. PM me for cost

Also, it has been said by workers at tcsounds that the tc2000 15 inch or 12 inch is the lowest and cleanest subwoofer they made, the very rare lms 4100 (I think that was the number) was just a modified 2000. The LMS 5400 wins in output and some quality while the tc 2000 was all quality. BTW the TC Sounds 2000 is a later model driver that powered the famed Krell MRS (AKA a 30000 dollar subwoofer claiming 120 db @ 20 hertz sealed dual opposing 15)

I also see that you also have the rarer titanium cone (non black) model 18 inch prs. Those are worth a pretty penny.

Why are you selling them? Loved one not liking them??? I am very interested.

Jay,

You have to come to my house to see why I am selling them. Onec your there, you will see that I can't use them. These were bought for my borther, as I already have to TC-2000 in a sonosub design. We were planning on using this for his hometheater but he ended up buying a really small house (those of you who are familiar with the washington dc area know that even with the downturn in the real estate makert, DC market still warrants a premium).

He has absolutley no place in his house for these. Hence, these are sitting in my bedroom... yes my bed room....

Jay get in touch with me and I am sure we can work out a deal. My e-mail is dkalsi@gmail.com

Hello... just in case someone was interested in the above cabinets, they are the real deal in the performance department. TC Sounds TC 2000 with a single 18" VMP in each box. The passive displacement alone is 19 liters combined at resonance ( within their stated excursion, linear to 44 mm one way ). Above tuning, there is just over 9 liters within the linear limits... if you push up the excursion to 35 mm one way, the actives will displace 11.28 liters.

These woofers sold for $ 299 each without shipping, and the cabinetry is first rate ( saw pictures from the orignal owner ) who paid for a cabinetmaker to design and build them.

You will need a HP filter in order not to deform the drivers from bottoming below the tuning point, a 6db octave butterworth @ 20 hz is fine. If you have the scratch, I would recommend a Behringer DCX-2496 ( can be used for many other things... ) and a big amp. Again, if you have the means, the QSC PLX 3602 is going to be a good fit, or you could hang a pair of Behringer EP2500's on them, one bridged per driver. ( will need to relocate amps or mod the stock fans )

The TC 2000 uses an aluminum cone that is more maleable than the TI cones used on the 5400 and 3000's, in other words when it bottoms, it is usually done. The TI cones will bottom and not deform.... just ask anyone who was watching flight of the phoenix @ Indyklipschfan's house.... OUCH. Loud clack... [:#]

You will need a HP filter in order not to deform the drivers from bottoming below the tuning point, a 6db octave butterworth @ 20 hz is fine. If you have the scratch, I would recommend a Behringer DCX-2496 ( can be used for many other things... ) and a big amp. Again, if you have the means, the QSC PLX 3602 is going to be a good fit, or you could hang a pair of Behringer EP2500's on them, one bridged per driver. ( will need to relocate amps or mod the stock fans )

The TC 2000 uses an aluminum cone that is more maleable than the TI cones used on the 5400 and 3000's, in other words when it bottoms, it is usually done. The TI cones will bottom and not deform.... just ask anyone who was watching flight of the phoenix @ Indyklipschfan's house.... OUCH. Loud clack... [:#]