Subwoofer question: Stereo subwoofer connection?

keide

Welcome.  Just do a search for a single male RCA to dual male RCA cable.  Amazon, eBay, monoprice, etc.

Or, you can just use a single RCA cable from your receiver to either of the inputs on your sub.

BTW, the thread you're replying to is over 12 years old.  :)

22 hours ago, Braided said:

I bought a Klipsch R12S with two terminals (red and white) but my receiver (Hardon Kannon) only have mono female terminal.

Hi Braided, wecome to the Klipsch forums.  You are starting out with an excellent question.  I'll try to help clarify.

Let's start out with your exact setup.  Plug the Sub Out from your HK to the 12S Red terminal using just one RCA-RCA cable.  You are good to go with the sub cabling and this is called a low level connection. This is the most common way of connecting a sub.   Monoprice.com has excellent cables and they are inexpensive.  I own several.

The other connection method is called a High Level connection.  Your AVR supports this but not your 12S sub.  High level inputs on the sub include 4 terminals instead of two.  In this way one would connect the speaker wires to the L/R IN on the sub.  The sub takes whatever signal it wants and passes the rest of the signal to the speakers.  Not every sub has this arrangement.

I have used both methods.  I think High Level is considered superior but I can't hear any difference.  Either method is fine depending upon the sub's inputs.

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--uKgZGGRD--/f_auto,t_supersize/v1603035192/hodxxnugpbiqrzcelmrf.jpg