Noise. Static/fuzz noise from all speakers.

I3ulldog

Recently i've been getting a static / fuzz kind of noise in all 5 speakers equally, it doesn't matter if i turn the volume knob up or down it stays the same.

I tried unplugged the orange, black and green cables from the back of the sub that go to the sound card. noise is still there

I tried diffferent power cables still there. Only thing i haven't tried is plugging it in a totally different room. I think the noise is coming from the power. or something internally failed in the sub.

I already did, I unplugged all 3 of the line in cables (Green, Black, Orange) from the back of the sub unit and noise is still there. it doesn't matter if the speakers are powered up it makes the noise/fuzz. so it rules out my computer. and i tried plugging it in a different outlet in the house using an extension cord and still the same.

• 1 month later...

yeap same here with my computer speakers, just started a few days ago...did everything you did and even cleanred the connections with alcohol to see if that helped and it didn't

the static is there at all volume levels, and its quite annoying...its not my computer b/c 20 dollar speakers from walmart atm sound better. And when i switch it to headphone mode, my headphones play the sound fine

• 4 weeks later...

Same with mine. My understanding is that this is usually the Opamp going bad. As the amp gets old it develops a vibration because the electral gates don't stay completely open or closed. This causes a hiss or a fuzzy static sound. Some have also suggested the replacing the bash card for the speakers to fix the problem. It would be very easy for me to order a new opamp from mouser.com or a Bash card from JBL. This seems like a fairly common issue from my research. Klipsch could you point us to the most common component and possibly a part number for those do it yourselfers like myself? Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 5 weeks later...

I woke up today to find loud static coming from all 5 of my speakers as well. Turning the volume down or turning off the power doesn't have any effect, pulling the power cord is the only way to eliminate the static.

I'm going to take apart the subwoofer and check as best I can for any blown components. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

It would be nice to hear an official response from Klipsch.

I meant unplugging the subwoofer completely. Unfortunately it's not just a loose solder joint.

After doing a little research it seems this is a common problem with the promedia series.

I did find someone who specializes in repairing this issue and is also a regular on these forums. If I can't track down the issue myself perhaps I'll contact him to see if the cost of the repair is worth the hastle.

• 2 weeks later...