Cant find way to get Jubes!!!!

Squash

Aloha All!!!

I'm new here so, go easy on me.. I'm trying to find out more about the KTP-Jubalee 535. I recently visited a cliants home who had a set of 5 in the theater. Over kill? Yes! But my god----WOW!!! After visiting MY system, ALL my cliants want to drop there flee watt esoteric systems and go KLIPSCH. Can't blame them except for the fact my own custum speaker company will take a hit. So, I need to know How much they cost and how to get them to Oahu. The local dealer won't do it. I called KLIPSCH directly and had little help. Any ideas??? Gota have them!!!! Also, For the center channel, is it best to replace the horn with the direct fireing bass cabinate? There is no corner to accomidate the the horn behind where my scree will be...

Thank you all so much and ALOOOOO-HAAAAAA!!!!!!!

JW

He is a cliant of mine. I build speakers and art for recording studios and colectors. I mostly build transmission line cabinates. They are finneshed in 30-100 coats of lacquer with imbedded pocelain and air brushed metalics and oxides. Much like the painting I do for galleries. Lately Granite. They are my sculptures, and they sing. The drivers I use are usually Scanspeak or HI-VI. Allways looking for better though. Some are small monitors, others large floorstanding monsters. We have the greatest hobby of all...

Aloha

Did your friend have 3-way Jubilees? If so, then realize that when talking to Roy, he might be discussing 2-way versions with you. Obviously, I don't know what you heard out there but something to be aware of so there are no surprises later on! (btw, the 2-way version is fantastic in the home, you don't need the 3-way version for a smaller venue like that) Just a heads up for you so everyone is on the same page.

That said, I might be in Hawaii October '09.... if it happens... would it be possible to give a listen to the HT system you referred to? I'd imagine it sounds absolutely killer!

[Y]

For the center channel, is it best to replace the horn with the direct fireing bass cabinate? There is no corner to accomidate the the horn behind where my scree will be...

If you actually had a chance to see the Jubilee then you'll remember that unlike the traditional Klipschorn, the backside of the bass cabinet is finished.

I'd daresay that for center channel use, you could easily get by WITHOUT a corner, just backing the Jubilee up against the wall. There are other options also (Jubescala) but I'd vote for a full fledged Jubilee for center use, if someone has the room.

I'll point out that Roy is the main one you should run this past as he's "da man". (actually, when you ask him your questions, he'll come running to someone like ME to find out what the answer is so he can sound smart when he's giving out the answers....you can trust me on this....would I lie? [*-)])

Thanks Coytee!

They were 3 way systems. Aperantly they had been removed from a larger venue on the mainland and lugged to his room last year. The house is still under construction so, I'm sure they will be moved around quite a bit to get the proper voicing and such. Sitting on the cold slab in the room now, they are a bit bright. possibly bad synergy with Halcro amps. I Kinda like it that way. Halcro alway's seemed a bit clinacal to me with a HF rolloff that can seem vailed. With the extra horn, it helps. Avanguard and Halcro is a better match. I am recomending BAT or LAMM tubes for these, What do you think? I'll get more info from him in the next week or two. He's from japan and fly's back and forth alot. When on Oahu, he loves to play though. Hope we can coordinate it.

Time to get ready for the BBQ!!!! My wife and I Love to cook!!!!! You should try my chilli!!!!

OH,OH! Can someone tell me when the next adventure to Hope will be? When I was 14, I begged my mom to take a side trip to see the factory. My family thought I was silly. All I got to see was the little museum. Still cool for a growing audiophile. We were heading to a some lake called Grears Ferry? or something. The watterskiing was really good. The neighbor had a blue VW hith horns for a back seat! The back windshield had a "Meet me where theres music" sticker from Klipsch! Must have worked there or, just as crazy as us!!!!

Aloha

They were 3 way systems

I might make the suggestion then.... (and this will make you look like a guru to this guy)

The way "we" are buying them for home use is in 2-way format. Take the tweeter driver and move it down to the midrange horn. Remove the midrange driver and remove the tweeter horn. Do a forum search on "Jubilee" or better yet "chronicles" and read. In the "Chronicles" thread, about page 11 (or was it 14?) you will see pictures of them being received and put into both Mikes and my homes.

You could then either look into biamping them (costly on 5 but you're in Hawaii so your friend probably has some cash) or getting some passives built for them.

If your friend ever listens to serious 2 channel, then what I'd consider doing is biamping the 2 main speakers and put passives into the other 3 for simplicty when in HT mode.

Someone here (or myself on Monday at office) can post the diagram for the passive network. On the biamp side, active network, most of us have gone one of two ways.... either a Crown XTI amp for cost effective all in one amp & active crossover or, others (like me) have gone with an Electovoice DX-38 active crossover.

I suppose there are different benefits to either one...I personally like the DX as it allows me to flip amps easily and not be locked into a single situation.

Ultimately what I'm suggesting is you investigate taking them down to a 2-way as PWK was initially envisioning them. For home use, my understanding is the 2-way is probably better than the 3-way. The 3-way was setup that way for maximum output in a cinema setting and you don't need that blistering volume in the home... well.....let me put it a different way.... you can STILL get that blistering volume in the home if desired, even in the 2-way format.

As for your chili....just send me some [;)]

Man, I'm still tired. That was one heck of a BBQ. The chili was amazing and Ooooo-EEEE! Ribs, ribs, ribs!!!! Smoked with pineapple and mango. After, we hit the club in Honolulu, for some danceing. To bad the system was, well, lets just say, "No highs?, no lows?, must be Bose!" Back to the casa for some "real" music at 4:00am. Love my wife!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx for the suggestions Coytee. Currantly I am running Mc's. I was planning to run more already. The Crown idea may just make this afordable though. Look, We are silly purists and listen hard. 2 channel, HI-REZ and multi channel SACD and HDCD fans. (detail, detail, detail, imageing, imageing, imageing, 3-d, 3-d, 3-d) The argument from the group is that, we will not get the HF extention we are looking for from the 2 way option you speak of. Some how, I think you know what your talking about though (PWK as well). As far as "ear-bleeding" levels? BRING IT ON!!! As long as it is perfect. I will look into the options you have utilized in your wonderful system. I'm waiting to hear back from KLIPSCH guys.

Sam will be in town for October. What brings you out to HI.? I have sent him to the forum and hope he logs in with pics and such of his rediculous system. Also, Thanx for the ref. to your pics. WOW! Love the system. So good to see the construction. I would love to see your X-Over designs posted as well. I tried to find them on the forum, SO MANY POSTS, SO LITTLE TIME...

Man this is cool. Thank you....Tell me where to send that chili!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ribs too!!!!!

Squash-O-tronic

The argument from the group is that, we will not get the HF extention we are looking for from the 2 way option you speak of.

The K-69 on the K402 actually has better HF performance than the K-69 on the K510...or to read in normal speak, the tweeter driver on the squawker horn has better HF performance than the tweeter driver on the tweeter horn.

It's just straight up physics....bigger is better (when it comes to horns anyway) [;)]

Btw, welcome to the forum...oh, and your art looks killer man.