8.8.08 The Opening

IB Slammin

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest srobak

The Olympics and how China has gone insanely over the top in the entire production. The opening ceremonies alone were supposed to cost something stupid like 100 mil.

Has anyone been able to actually watch this in HD. Where I live, you can get cable, Dish Network or Direct TV. I don't think any one of them actually broadcast NBC in HD. It's really pi**ing me off. I bet it's spectacular. England will have to go a ways to top this in 4 years.

care to elaborate ..??

I'm in the Dark ...Confused

Mark,

I hesitate in doing so, but only to say that our (USA) claim to the "worlds biggest/best super power" is being challenged. (they have nukes ya know) That the consumption of raw materials by China drives the market here. In your biz, you know the price of steel. You just wanted me to say it, so I did............ you dog.[:D]

tc

Has anyone been able to actually watch this in HD. Where I live, you can get cable, Dish Network or Direct TV. I don't think any one of them actually broadcast NBC in HD. It's really pi**ing me off. I bet it's spectacular. England will have to go a ways to top this in 4 years.

I'm watching it on OTA HD from my local NBC station. Quite spectacular picture!

care to elaborate ..??

I'm in the Dark ...Confused

Mark,

I hesitate in doing so, but only to say that our (USA) claim to the "worlds biggest/best super power" is being challenged. (they have nukes ya know) That the consumption of raw materials by China drives the market here. In your biz, you know the price of steel. You just wanted me to say it, so I did............ you dog.Big Smile

tc

nooooo ..

I am " in the Dark "

as in ... " off the Grid "

strictly ... Coal, 'n Solar Voltaic these day's [;)]

I like the way China revoked visas of competitors who held views they didn't like, that's real sportsman like.

I also like they way they faked birtdates on some of their competitors so they could compete, that's real sportsman like.

I'm not watching.

Their country their rules. I'll watch and enjoy it for the meaningless entertainment that it is. So they have a different world philosophy. I could care less.

Yes I agree there are some politics involved in having the games in your country. But we are as guilty as anyone of trying to make intimidating statements.

A Stunning Display !!!! ............ No Doubt, the Best Opening Show ever !!!! .............. 300,000 Surveillance cameras throught the City, Smog, 110,000 armed Police around the Birds Nest ............ I don't know how or why, well I do, but I can't write what I really think, it ended up in China, but they do know how to put on a display ............. Politics aside .............. WOW is right, great show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have to say that it was a really great opening ceremony. Some of the things that looked liked it was hydraulics and it was people under the boxes, unreal. The timing and training that had to go into pulling that off had to be something.

James

I like the way China revoked visas of competitors who held views they didn't like, that's real sportsman like.

I also like they way they faked birtdates on some of their competitors so they could compete, that's real sportsman like.

I'm not watching.

In which Olympic sport is there an age limit? Why would they need to fake birthdates?

And which "competitors" got their visas revoked. I heard of one American former competitor getting his visa revoked. And yes it sucks, but obviously they felt he was going to stir up trouble. Anyone who wants to try and ruin the Olympics with political crap deserves to be banned (not saying that was this particular athlete's plan, but the Chinese government thought so).