MCM stacks for sale

colterphoto1

These have been pictured many times here on the Forum. This is my first set of the MCM1900 stacks that were used by a R&B band in Atlanta area and stored in a safe environment for some time before being rescued by The House of Klipsch. I've never had them out other than to run tests on them. Kind of a shame really. Someone should be blasting these and enjoying the fine, FULLY-HORN-LOADED effortless sound they provide. There are several here on the Forum who run them as PA or part of a HT system and will attest to the accuracy of the sound reproduction. One Klipsch engineer keeps a pair in his workshop/barn. If you wish, you could purchase these as less than the price of a single new MWM cabinet and sell off the rest. I just can't be the guy responsible for breaking up the set. Yes Klipsch still sells the bass bin of this series as its biggest MONSTER Cinema LF bin.

The speaker set consists of the following, each with notes:

MTM 5 piezo tweeter pack- these run, I think each individual piezo is operational.

MSM - high horn K240 with the optional Guass H4000 driver. Driver is as big as coffee can or gallon of paint, takes the place of the manifold and 4xK55V

MSSM - the nearly-requisite mid bass bin with 10" driver into straight horn.

MWM - the BIG BOYS, the original dual 15" bin. With numberous handles for lifting.

This is an entire stack with all original hardware in good condition for it's age. It is the black painted variety with all aluminum trim intact. It has been repainted as it was a touring set. No bar or smoke smell, so these could go in the house with the approval of SWMBO (for those of you with one of those). All original drivers the best that I can discern, and I have had every single one of these apart for inspection.

These are available in three configurations, all consists of the entire stack (the MWM's will not be sold separately) The woofers are NIB, still sealed.

1. $3400/set With brand new Klipsch K43 cast frame heavy duty 15" woofers either loose or installed with new gasket tape (MSRP of 15's is about $1200)

2. $2750/set With brand new Klipsch K33 standard duty 15" woofers either loose or installed with new gasket tape (some prefer this for home use, they will go a bit lower at the expense of less power handling- but remember these are 109 db/w/mtr) MSRP of 15's is $520

3. $2250/set With all cabinets stocked except the MWM bins, which will NOT have drivers installed or provided.

Speakers are ready to roll and are FOB The House of Klipsch (Indianapolis)

I need the garage space! Help a brother out will ya? I'm not exactly doing without, I have another set with the split MWM -S bins that I'll be using (they load easier). And Jubilees are on the way!

Thanks,

Michael

uh, don't you have a JubScala center Bill?

Yup, sure do. The 402 is "landscape" and the LaScala is "portrait". The 402 sits so nicely on top of the Jub bass bins that I never really thought about the frontal dimensions.

let's not call the 402 a tweeter

OK. How about "Beastie Tweetie"? [;)]

Michael, that's a great price on those MCM's. Somebody should jump on those . . . . . .

uh, don't you have a JubScala center Bill?

and let's not call the 402 a tweeter- geepers that's like calling the MWM a midrange!

I disagree. Historically, 2-way systems have had components referred to as a "woofer and tweeter," or referred to as a bass and treble section.

Then came 3-way systems, where they ADDED a midrange.

Remember that most 2-way speakers have passive networks, where CD horn's output at the lower frequencies is knocked down to meet the less efficient woofer section, otherwise passive Xovers woudn't work. Even PWK referred to "woofer and tweeter" during his TV interview when pointing to an original Xover for a Khorn.

So, while the 402 is a really BIG TWEETER that crosses low, it can still be called that.

The MWM still needs a Large Super-Subwoofer to get to 20 Hz (it gets one in theater installs and my home)............much like some of us like a Small Super Tweeter above the large one. For the utimage MWM 4T system, you would have Super Subwoofer, Woofer, Mid Bass, Mid Treble, and Super Tweeter. Remember the efficiency-bandwith product that Small spoke of? This is it.

SOLD - purchaser decided to have me install the new K43E woofers in the MWM bins so that's a project to keep me busy for a while. I'll post some photos of the rework of an MWM bin and some other goodies as the job is complete.

Needless to say, there's always a challenge. I got things inventoried today, woofer hatch doors cleaned of gunky weatherseal, removed old EV woofers that I'd used for a wee bit and got K43's installed in one cabinet. It requires some modification of the cast basket to get the woofers to fit the cabinet. Lacking the proper AMP connector for the woofer lug, I'm on hold until a trip to hardware store.

Got some PickyBurgers on the grille, that's the end of the workday here at the House of Klipsch. Later.

• 5 weeks later...

This is the new home of Michael Colter's MCM 1900 stacks, also known as Motengators. I would like to thank Colter for all of his hard work in getting the stacks set up properly and loaded with the new K-43 woofers. I haven't heard them yet, waiting on the crossover networks to be built. Should be some fun when I can fire them up.

Michael, thanks again for hauling them down, I know that was a job.

Take care,

Kevin

post-27437-13819417497518_thumb.jpg

I"m happy that the Motengator's have found a good home with you Kevin. I'm a collector, and rarely sell my Klipsch speakers, so I like them to go where I know they'll be appreciated. Sadly, I never used these stacks at all. They have only recently been gone through and I enjoyed the process of working them over immensely. It was more than a couple of fun afternoons in the sun I can tell you that. Now the mighty MCM1900 stacks have room to breath and can be enjoyed by one of the great Klipsch fans of all time.

It was a pleasure delivering them to you Kevin. If only we could have set them up on the property at Hope that would have been the icing on the cake.

I'd go ahead and wire up an AA and enjoy them for now. I'm sure BEC's network per the diagram supplied by historian Jim Hunter will help you breath life and fire from the mighty Motengator mouths!

yer buddy,

Michael

Congratulations, Kevin. Can I ask what type of venue you plan to put these into? Are they for commercial use? Just curious.

I love to collect Klipsch loudspeakers and I have always wanted a pair of motengators. I mainly got them just to play around with and to show people the many attributes of a totally horn loaded speaker system. Low distortion and impressive wide dynamic range are very important to me. The shop I have them in is 40' x 105' and I will place the mcm's in the back corners facing the front of the building. It will be interesting to see how they sound in this environment. I am having some crossovers built right now. Can't wait to hear these monsters.

Take care,

Kevin

This is the new home of Michael Colter's MCM 1900 stacks, also known as Motengators. I would like to thank Colter for all of his hard work in getting the stacks set up properly and loaded with the new K-43 woofers. I haven't heard them yet, waiting on the crossover networks to be built. Should be some fun when I can fire them up.

Michael, thanks again for hauling them down, I know that was a job.

Take care,

Kevin

Hey, Kevin. Welcome to MY World!! We are officially twin sons of different mothers, as of now. LOL.

You think you have a smirk on your face now, wait until you fire up those bad boys. That's the picture I want to see. LOL.

It will be interesting to see how they sound in this environment. I am having some crossovers built right now. Can't wait to hear these monsters.

If you have anything loose in the place, I guarantee it will be knocked free if you put some serious watts into these things. My house rocks with less than 10 watts though mine. I'm working on 2 more stacks for my 7.1 setup.

• Like 1