MCM stacks for sale

colterphoto1

Thanks, Michael. Looks like everything there is second order filters, probably to save from overexcursion with the power and dynamics of live music.

My stuff is all first order, but the woofers rarely ever sees more than 1-2 Watt on peaks, unless it's a movie with canons and crashing planes and explosions and stuff, then maybe 10 W peaks. The midbass, mid, and tweeter see nothing but milliwatts, so I have have, as you say: "Ridiculously Low Distortion."

In New Orleans I am often accused of threatening the levees due to the bass in my system with commerical subs (4 x 18" drivers, 17 x 40 x 14 space).

Cowabonga! I am jealous. Do I detect a Razorback t shirt, Whoo Pig Sooey.....HeHeHe......

I am a Professor at the Tulane Med School and we have a resident from Lafayette. Can't wait to show him the picture of you with your new twins, all ?400 lbs of them (ave size for babies in Fat City, the Big Easy). Let me know when they are up and running :), well, I should feel them even here....

Bass, Mega Bass, Ultimate Bass, Klipsch Pro Audio Bass.....Priceless......

Thanks, Michael. Looks like everything there is second order filters, probably to save from overexcursion with the power and dynamics of live music.

My stuff is all first order, but the woofers rarely ever sees more than 1-2 Watt on peaks, unless it's a movie with canons and crashing planes and explosions and stuff, then maybe 10 W peaks. The midbass, mid, and tweeter see nothing but milliwatts, so I have have, as you say: "Ridiculously Low Distortion."

Higher order filters cut down on phase problems, as Roy demonstrated with the Jubilee and DX38 crossover. It's not all about power handling, although it sure helps. With your multi-way system, moving from 6 to 12 db should be a very noticable improvement. Can you get hold of a electronic network or analog tri-amp setup for comparison? Run one stack with your first order passives, the other with at least 12 db active. Give it a go, I bet you'll be shocked.

Higher order filters cut down on phase problems, as Roy demonstrated with the Jubilee and DX38 crossover. It's not all about power handling, although it sure helps. With your multi-way system, moving from 6 to 12 db should be a very noticable improvement. Can you get hold of a electronic network or analog tri-amp setup for comparison? Run one stack with your first order passives, the other with at least 12 db active. Give it a go, I bet you'll be shocked.

Is that something he demonstrated recently? I do have a Behringer that I'm not using. My problem is that I'm running off an Onkyo surround receiver with no pre-outs. I suppose I could rig up the A/B you suggest, but my setup sounds so good now, I'm not motivated to mess with it.

IN my experience, one is suposed to reverse the driver polarity when using a second order slope because of the 180 phase shift. First order is minimum phase shift of 90 degrees, but 4th order (Linkwitz-Riley) is 360 degrees, so much like Zero after you adjust for time delay.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

great stacks I think they belong in texas! I have never owned any so im curious as to power handling ...etc.. I have a club here in texas and they would look great on the dance floor.My current system is powered by yorkville ap3000 lows ap 1500 mid/hi all crossed. Im open to buying an appropriate amp for the klipsch. Let me know something

ah, thanks for the bump though, re-reading this thread really takes me back to some fun times. I was employed by the company at the time, had rescued this set from Atlanta, retrieved another MCM stack and the KP600 system from Florida with the help of Groomlakearea51, and had ALL THREE systems stacked in my garage. A year later I would build the workshop as my 50th birthday present to myself, where the MWM-S MCM stacks are the 'house PA' that I enjoy almost every day.

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...
On 8/11/2008 at 3:22 AM, colterphoto1 said:

The outer stacks in this photo. Bottom to top - MWM, MSSM, MSM, MTM

post-10755-13819399870472_thumb.jpg

post-10755-13819410027346_thumb.jpg

hi friend, I looking for a pair of MSM, do you have any for sale?

On 8/31/2018 at 4:05 PM, Chris Kidd said:

Hello,

I have a complete MCM 1900 System that I am considering selling. They are the black fiberglass coated with the metal edging like the ones in the earlier post in this thread.

(2) MWM Duals with K43E

(3) MWM Singles with K43E

(1) MWM Single Clone I built to match with K43E

(I may have MSSM and MSM transposed below. I forget which is which.)

(2) MSSM with 12" EV woofers   (I have the original Eminence drivers but they need reconing) + some more spare EVs

(2) MSM Horns with the (4) Manifolded k55s each

(2) MTM Piezo arrays (These will need rebuilding)

(2) Similar tweeter boxes with (2) Small bullet Tweeters each (not Klipsch)

The speakers are connectorized with EP-4 and I have some multi way harnesses and rack panels . 

I was using it in a multi Amp 4 way configuration, but I also have the (2) Passive crossover units.

I can throw in a single LSI split bottom cabinet without driver and (1) one or two extra k43E frames that need reconing.

I am in Monroe, LA .

I was thinking to ask like $ 5,500 for all but I am open to negotiation.

I enjoyed using this system when I could but it has not been out in a while and if someone else could put it back into service and enjoy it , I'd like to see that happen.

Not getting rid of any of my LaScalas or Heresys any time soon. Always been a Klipsch Fan !

Please let me know if there is any interest.

Chris Kidd

hi friend, I looking for a pair of MSM, do you have any for sale?

1 minute ago, rockhound said:

@Dave A had something for sale from a 1900 stack can't remember what it was.

I never had a chance to list them. One of my KPT-456 buyers was told that I was going to sell the stacks soon when I began to build my S-MWM's and before he made it back home he got off the highway and paypaled me $1,500 to hold them for him until he could finish paying. They went for $2,500 by the way.