please help identifying a heresey!

jedro

If you will post the serial numbers, I think someone can tell you the year. If the paper label is still on the back, you will find them there. Some models also had them punched into the back edge of the side or top panel.

Heresys have the drivers mounted from the back of the motorboard (from inside the box). Heresy IIs have the drivers mounted from the front.

If you remove the back, Heresys should have K-77 or K-77-M tweeters. Most have K-55-V squakers, but some of the last have K-53-K and maybe another model. Woofer will be K-22 of some version unless it has been replaced.

Heresy II drivers are different.

Jedro,

These are 1984 Heresys, which are Heresy 1's. From my understanding, "type" on the sticker on the back of the speakers refers to the wood and finish combination. I just got a pair of 1984 Heresys, type HWO (Heresy-walnut-oil as it was explained to me), but I don't know what HBB stands for. I posted a similar question a few weeks ago and received some very informative responses. Check page 2 of the technical questions section for the topic entitled "Info. on older model heresy speakers?". I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy your heresys as much as I am enjoying mine.

Jedro,

I just got an E-mail explaining the letter designation on the Klipsch Heritage speakers. It is as follows:

1st letter = model: H=Heresy/ B=Belle Klipsch/ C=Cornwall/ LS=Lascala/ K=Klipschorn

2nd letter = veneer: B=Birch/ O=Oak/ W=Walnut/ M=Mahogany etc

3rd letter = finish: R=Raw/ O=Oil/ L=Lacquer/ B=Black paint

HBB is Heresy, Birch veneer, painted black. Hope it helps! Thanks to Bill for E-mailing this information to me as well.

• 19 years later...
On 2/24/2001 at 8:16 AM, jedro said:

can anyone help i am trying to identify the manufacturing year & type of a pair of klipsch heresey's

type: hbb, serial no. 8428115 & 8428116,can anyone post a follow up on the type, heresey 1 or 2's & the year they were manufactured?

thanks

1984, and what we, here, call Heresy 1.5s.  They likely have Heresy II squawkers.  

• 1 year later...