trying to help build one HT

thxsubwoofers

Soo im trying to help my older bro build one home theater system, because he just got one new samsung 42" LCD TV. And we are having a hudge debate on MartinLogan, i think its the Purity Series Floor standing speakers vs Klipsch RF82 and RF7s. I'm disguested by the way he judges speakers just by the price of it and the style of Martin Logan. Soo we tested the Martin logan at Magnolia Hi-Fi, and in my opinion it lacks on the highs. It has a good mid range, but in my opinion it lacks bass also. Unfortunately we didn't get to test the RF82s because he said "quality is bad" and also said that Klipsch speakers sound too "harsh" means too much highs. We didn't even get to listen to it, because he assumes the quality by its PRICE. That really pisses me off. "How can you judge a book by its cover?" He said the Martin Logan has more of a natural sound compared to the klipsch. I also told him about the Klipsch how it uses the horn. I also currently have an RC7 and an RSW10, that im willing to give him because im moving up for college soo he can make good use of it. He told me the RC7 sounded harsh, and i told him because it is the receiver. Hey if im using an PANASONIC receiver on a klipsch rc7 and an rsw10 its not going to sound as great compared to other brands like denon, onkyo and pioneer. Plus on the panasonic, i can't tune it much to turn down the treble on the speakers or to adjust the crossover setting on the sub with out using the controls on the back of the rsw10. Later on i also mentioned that i got to hear a Full klipsch system at a shop and they had two rf7s, 1 rc7, 2 rs7s and 1 rsw12. And my personal opinion i told him, is that it sounded like a big theater. And i loved it. In my opinion the martin logans, just doesn't seem to have the potential like the klipsch. I also mentioned about other home theater systems for Example the consolidated theaters, dole theater and what ever we have in hawaii. He told me, those systems are junk also. im thinking to my self like ok...... Then i also mentioned a home theater systems is mostly used for watching movies. He wants to get two martin logan floor standing speakers and a sub, for stereo purposes only soo he can listen to music. i told him straight up, if you want to listen to music, you might as well go into car audio. Cause basically thats what your mostly doing. Coming to Conclusion, i told him maybe we all have a certain taste in sound.