Members Weekly Recommendations Aug. 18

seti

TRAFFIC : TRAFFIC ........... Steve, Dave, Chris, and Jim .... Very simple yet trippy tunes, Solid Songs and musical performance, some of Dave Mason's finest work. I am always amazed by the sheer genius of these guys, but ego's being ego's, ruined everything. Ever been "Burnt Out" ,and have Dear Mr. Fantasy (not on this album) snap you out of it, or in a dark mood, and have 40,000 Headmen bring you back around ? This album has CLASSIC written all over it, it's a must have for any Rock Collection. If you don't own it, get it ....... One of my Top 10 must have albums, for sure !!!!!!!!

You left out a few categories Seti, like:

"Chicks Who give Me a Boner When They Hit the High Notes"

"Hotties Who Make Me Feel Like I'm A Cad"

"Sultry Wenches Who I'm Convinced Want to Sleep With Me"

Jazz

Blues

Rag Time

Blue Grass

Hippie Pot Smoking Music

Blue Collar Country

Need I go on?

Sorry I've been out of circulation. Personal stuff but I'm still very much committed to this re-occurring thread.

This week, an oldie but a superb goodie.

David Bromberg, "Reckless Abandon"

Yu want to know if you have a good stereo, put this one on. The Sally Goodin medley will blow your socks off and remind you why you don't own a boom box.

The Olympics. See post in general about Olympics in HD. You will see that it just isn't the chicks that hit the high notes, but chick volleyball players can also. OK I'll go down stairs and listen to something. There is just diving on now anyway.

You left out a few categories Seti, like:

"Chicks Who give Me a Boner When They Hit the High Notes"

"Hotties Who Make Me Feel Like I'm A Cad"

"Sultry Wenches Who I'm Convinced Want to Sleep With Me"

Jazz

Blues

Rag Time

Blue Grass

Hippie Pot Smoking Music

Blue Collar Country

Need I go on?

Sorry I've been out of circulation. Personal stuff but I'm still very much committed to this re-occurring thread.

This week, an oldie but a superb goodie.

David Bromberg, "Reckless Abandon"

Yu want to know if you have a good stereo, put this one on. The Sally Goodin medley will blow your socks off and remind you why you don't own a boom box.

I had too many beers when posting. Gotta get a breathalizer for my computer :) I was mostly being a smarta$$. How could I forget Jazz and blues..[:$] I was actually listening to jazz when I did the poll. LOL

Two favorites of mine I just watched/listened to this week.

Sade / Lovers Live DVD. Very entertaining. 5.1 is mixed very well here. I find something new to like about this DVD it every time I watch it.

Diana Krall / Live in Paris DVD. If you have a sub the stand up base sounds incredible. Diana's piano is mixed to the rear speakers in DTS mode which was very cool. Hard to make it to the end of this concert awake as Diana sings me to sleep every time.