Win Dodger

Coytee

Got to thinking about him today.... anyone know how he's doing? He's been gone for quite a while now but last I heard, it was because of PC issues with his web-TV or something like that. (he also had some side issues with health & things)

??

I know some here were in more contact with him than me. Any updates?

I have not heard either...sent many email and a snail mail...no answer...I always hoped he could stop by a library or something, signon and say hello once in a while at least...he is a wealth of knowledge and a nice guy...I hope his health and life have improved...

Bill

Ok then... here's my proposal...

Duke, your job is to find out if he's in fact ok and (hopefully) his only issue is Webpc verses 'no-pc'. (just jump right on that & pay no mind to me giving orders, mmmK?? [;)])

Others... If his issue is in fact NO pc, then I propose we all might chip in some $$ and (after we figure out the needs) we pool the $$ together and buy Win either a laptop or desktop pc. Doesn't need to be fancy, just work for him.

I'd even bet that between us we could donate spare parts and build one for him better than we could buy one, however, we have logistics of parts being strewn all over the country and would need to gather them & build it. I'd speculate the 'easy button' is to just buy one & deliver it or have it shipped.

If we all send some $$ to a single person (of course since I'm on a roll, I'd nominate Duke and any $$ he'd consider putting in, is offset by his efforts to be the local guy).

Anyways... we could send the $$ to Duke (or someone) who could then delver said item to Win and be the one to witness the smile. Don't forget the camera!

Perhaps the idea is off the wall a bit BUT.... I recall him having such dignity and being of such help that if having a PC is the ONLY thing preventing him from hanging around folks like us (so we can corrupt him) then I'm all for removing that barrier.

If this DOES develop and we know what the $$ needs are, I'd personally be game to chip in up to $100.00 towards the goal. If enough folks participated then maybe the $$ per person wouldn't be too bad.

Thoughts?