ADVICE NEEDED ON WALNUT LSII's!!!

jdm56

Is the La Scala II pictured in the head-on photo in the product info section finished in walnut? I'm trying to get a good idea of what the walnut finish really looks like. Some pics look darker than others, and I've never actually seen the newer models "in the wood". Has anyone actually seen the new Heritage speakers, and can tell me what would work best with medium oak.? Walnut, Cherry or Black Ash???

later that same day:

Never mind, it's too late. The damage is done. Like my daddy always said, I'm his poor, broke son.

Vann's in Montana (no relation to Hanna) had a pair in Walnut, that I just had to hava.

So I'll wait for the truck (hope he don't get stuck) or get hit by a train (that'd be my luck!)

Thinkin' how they'll sound, once they get tied down, they'll erase that frown...

...on my wife's sweet face when she sees'em in place, rockin' our cans all over the place!!

(apologies to Queen)

I

Thanks!

Yup, I just did the dirty deed! That is, if the credit dept. doesn't kick it back: I don't know what the limit was on my Vann's card because I had never used it before. I got it last year when I was thinking about doing this. So we'll see, but so far, so good! Like you said, "Free shipping and no tax", plus no interest for 12 months. In light of that and the fact that new LSII's are now listing for $3000 each, I think $1725/ea. delivered is a pretty darned good deal. What speaker out there can touch'em for that kind of money? I don't know for sure how the "non-matching" wood grain will look, but I hope it'll be alright. Maybe not on a k-horn, where you have so much wood on the front, but with the la scala I don't think it will be an issue...at least as long as they're the same color!

Well, I'm a little bit light-headed here. I think I need to go lie down...[:D]

Good choice....I like the feeling of being speaker poor myself.........

I know exactly where you're comin' from. When it comes to my main two-channel rig's speakers, I have to spend enough that it hurts, or else I'm always thinkin' "what if". I just hope this is my last hurrah as far as expensive speakers go. I really want these to be my last splurge. I kinda get the vague impression that my wife feels that way too.[:S]

Shoot man you're just progressing up the chain. Those look beautiful...enjoy.

Thanks! I hope mine do look that good! As for progressing up the chain, I intend for this to be it. The end of the line!! I just wanna settle in with these puppies and sail off into the sunset years!

Awesome and congrats.

Please post pics of them when they arrive. The ones in the photos above look awesome.

Thank you very much! I will definitely be posting some pictures ASAP.

I just hope they survive the truck ride from Montana unscathed.

...I wonder if they'll need subs?

Awesome and congrats.

Please post pics of them when they arrive. The ones in the photos above look awesome.

Thank you very much! I will definitely be posting some pictures ASAP.

I just hope they survive the truck ride from Montana unscathed.

...I wonder if they'll need subs?

Listen to them for a while. For me it is difficult getting a sub to match folded horns. The bass is such high quality at least imo.

I've already got a pair of DLS-4000R Velos here that I've been using with my MoFi speakers. They get me reasonably flat down into the 25Hz range, but quality-wise, compared with horns, I'm with ya; I don't know how well the two will play together...I will definitely try the la scalas by themselves, in the corners first and see how they do. Even if I do leave the subs in the system, I still intend to run the horns full range. Then I can just roll the sub out over 50Hz or so. Fun,Fun,Fun!