heritage/classic models

fencer61

Evening guys. my frst time here, so be nice. I'm currently still running my heresy's (new in 1978, original owner) and need something a bit 'bigger'. does anyone have an opinion (i'm going to regret that line, aren't i?) regarding the KG 4's vs. the KG 4.2's?

I purchased my kg4's new in '90

As did I, because I couldn't afford Heresy's .......... Doesn't change the fact that they are 2 way speakers, and cannot reach the output level of Heresy's. Once you use Klipsch 3 ways it's hard to go back to 2 ways ................................. unless they are Jubilees !!!!!!!

I purchased my kg4's new in '90

As did I, because I couldn't afford Heresy's .......... Doesn't change the fact that they are 2 way speakers, and cannot reach the output level of Heresy's. Once you use Klipsch 3 ways it's hard to go back to 2 ways ................................. unless they are Jubilees !!!!!!!

I chose the kg over the Heresy because I prefer them, no price influence. I thought the Heresy to be a bit strong in the midrange for my taste and weak in the bass. I really liked the Forte's however, and I still dream about Cornwall's.

Evening guys. my frst time here, so be nice. I'm currently still running my heresy's (new in 1978, original owner) and need something a bit 'bigger'. does anyone have an opinion (i'm going to regret that line, aren't i?) regarding the KG 4's vs. the KG 4.2's?

Why do you need something bigger? Do you have a huge room?

You can rebuild the crossovers, drop the mid and tweeter one tap on teh autoformer and use a swamping resistor, then add a subwoofer like the JL Audio F112 for sale in the Garage sale section.

They will be a lot "bigger"