Colter's Shop of Klipsch

colterphoto1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Michael.....what's the latest happenings with your project?? Got any recent photos? I'm finally getting near the completion of my man-cave/workshop. Sheesh....it's been right at a year since I started mine. With some luck I'll have a good portion of my stuff moved in this weekend.

Tom

• 2 months later...

many months later, just now getting around to painting the shop. Do you guys struggle with paint colors? This primed Hardiplank has been up so long that I've gotten used to it's soft mint/grey shade. So I picked nearly the same color for finish paint. Is that cheating? I'd like something more architectural or dramatic, but it should be secondary to the home- which is Indiana Limestone in ochres and greys, so I can't do too much with it.

And yes, I'm doing it the old fashioned way, with a brush and a ladder. See ya in a month! LOL

M

looking back a page or two I guess I have been remiss in posting photos.

The concrete drives are in and working just fine. The downhill slope to the door was mitigated with the addition of a slotted drain about 3' from the main door. It sheds water nicely. Even with no gutters up yet, only once in the spring did a slight amount of water leak under the door seal. With gutters the amount of water hitting the door should be half, so no problemoo.

Going out to paint now. Will do some photos this week.

M

Do you guys struggle with paint colors?

M

nope--i find that most everything looks great in black. cars, trucks, walls, clothes...and as beautiful as they are, it bugs me that my four Oak hereseys aren't black. I often wonder how they'd look in that high gloss black piano finish.

Good luck with the paint job, if i wasn't in southern california, I'd come over and help.

• 3 weeks later...

Porter Paints gets my business. After conversing with a couple wives of friends that have way cool homes, here's the decision:

Cathedral Grey for the body colors (also the house soffits),

Grey Stone (a grey/brown modern shade) for trim and gutters, and

Peacock Blue on the doors and occasional bits of outdoor furniture.

• 2 weeks later...

The workshop got an out-of-town Klipsch visitor today who is the kind of guy who appreciates a good workshop. More later.

Progress note- all exterior surfaces (except doors) has at least a first coat of paint, and I did trim yesterday.

BIG NEWS- Karl is going to sell me his old 5x8 enclosed trailer, so Roadie's will be officially on the road as of this weekend with a gig on the west side of Indy (Clermont) on Saturday night- woohoo, can't wait to roll my PA out of that baby for the first time!

Michael

BIG NEWS- Karl is going to sell me his old 5x8 enclosed trailer, so Roadie's will be officially on the road as of this weekend with a gig on the west side of Indy (Clermont) on Saturday night- woohoo, can't wait to roll my PA out of that baby for the first time!

And there better be some pictures!

And of course some of the workshop.

What kind of A/C unit are you going to put in? I would highly recomend using a split system with electric heating strips installed inside the air handleing unit it self. Option number two is to purchace a heat pump system. These systems use the a/c systems refrigerant and run it backward to bring heat in from the outside, they really dont work very well once you reach below freezing tempatures outside, so there are some down falls of heat pump systems. At anyrate, please let me know, I can offer some really good advice, as HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) is my trade.