Klipsch vs Bose?

ckat609

I have asked twice and you have ignored the question both times. Let your buddies ears be the judge! You are in my time zone. Bring your buddies, bring your speakers, and bring your butt. Time for you to prove to me and your friends that you are not 100% full of fecal matter! Put up or shut-up?? I challenge your speakers, come get ya some!!

Roger

:-) Cool down. I am quiet and not shouting.! I am not in competition... What have you assumed?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is no surprise that electronics can miniturize circuits. However, transfering electrical energy to air as acoustical energy is a far different thing. Are you saying that Bose have re-enginneered speakers towards a more efficient energy transfer?

That's a intelligent question and that's precisely what I am trying to figure out. Honestly, their cubes sound fantastic. I don't know what abd how they are doing their engineering/research, I went through their internet site "Learning Center". I could understand that they are doing some serious stuff, but again, the question you have put is the core of the matter, that I am curious to know!

The only thing I can think off is that the classical way of making sound is pushing air in special way... have they used the same classical way in more innovative ways? Passing that air through some special ways/routes/angles/directions etc? Or is it totally different innovative way to generate sound? Curious!

It IS good to be curious, and also skeptical. I would postulate that much of your (and most Bose afficianados) amazement comes from hearing sound from a inadequate source that does not sound as bad as it should given the underlying physics. There is not a Bose alive that could pass a blindfold A/B test against a Heritage Klipsch. c.f. your offer above ...

I'm surprised Bose is not in the RF and microwave business, their profits (if their 'science' of sound was actually sound) would be magnitudes greater.

The math and physics are identical.

[:D] Bose have developed Auto-Suspension system. That's look quite fantastic on videos on YouTube and their internet site! May be one day they would do something with Microwave too! [8-|] Who knows? I won't speculate!

I have asked twice and you have ignored the question both times. Let your buddies ears be the judge! You are in my time zone. Bring your buddies, bring your speakers, and bring your butt. Time for you to prove to me and your friends that you are not 100% full of fecal matter! Put up or shut-up?? I challenge your speakers, come get ya some!!

Roger

:-) Cool down. I am quiet and not shouting.! I am not in competition... What have you assumed?

Ramsha,

No capital letter use here, hence no shouting.... Prove it.... bring your stuff here and prove your bunk!!

Roger

I would postulate that much of your (and most Bose afficianados) amazement comes from hearing sound from a inadequate source that does not sound as bad as it should given the underlying physics

Read this sentence of your own. That will amaze yourself -- what you just said! [:D] Think. It's not time to be biased due to our Brand Loyalties! I was blindly and to some extent even now a Sony Brand loyal for many gizmos, but then Bose has done something that has triggered something in my mind.

I have nothing against Klipsch, it has great product series too... But I am looking for pathbreaking products.. Sony has provided in past decades, Bose too!

Big Smile
Bose have developed Auto-Suspension system. That's look quite fantastic
on videos on YouTube and their internet site! May be one day they would
do something with Microwave too! Geeked Who knows? I won't speculate!

I doubt it.

Do you know what limits the size of most fighter jets ?

They need to be big enough (small is better) to house the radar antenna that sits behind that big nose. The antenna HAS to be BIG for the SAME reasons that speakers (and/or their impedance matching networks (read horns)) have to be big.

Trust me (I've been in the business for 25+ years), if antennas (which is ALL a speaker is) could be made smaller without COMPRIMISE, they would be, and whoever could do it would be filty rich.

Trust me (I've been in the business for 25+ years), if antennas (which is ALL a speaker is) could be made smaller without COMPRIMISE, they would be, and whoever could do it would be filty rich.

I haven't reached that judgment as yet! Similar arguments were put forward during the years I have quoted in the analogies! All hid their heads in embarassements later. Accoustics Science and Engineering has its own specialities and pecularities..Yet, the trend is same/similar.

I would postulate that much of your (and most Bose afficianados) amazement comes from hearing sound from a inadequate source that does not sound as bad as it should given the underlying physics

Read this sentence of your own. That will amaze yourself -- what you just said! Big Smile Think. It's not time to be biased due to our Brand Loyalties! I was blindly and to some extent even now a Sony Brand loyal for many gizmos, but then Bose has done something that has triggered something in my mind.

I have nothing against Klipsch, it has great product series too... But I am looking for pathbreaking products.. Sony has provided in past decades, Bose too!

By inadequate I did not mean 'made by Bose', I was referring to coming from a source that does not adequately approach the problem from a audio physics standpoint. (i.e. itty bitty drivers). Now this is fine IF that is an underlying requirement (very small room, office etc.), but you should expect significant sound degradation over a system designed to work with the physics of sound.

Now this is fine IF that is an underlying requirement (very small room, office etc.), but you should expect significant sound degradation over a system designed to work with the physics of sound.

Plausible. Again, I have yet to come to that judgement. Product positioning for different segments need you have different products.I am not for comparing Apples and Oranges. Sound degradation can happen even in using over sized speakers/sources in any size room.

I haven't reached that judgment as yet! Similar arguments were put forward during the years I have quoted in the analogies! All hid their heads in embarassements later. Accoustics Science and Engineering has its own specialities and pecularities..Yet, the trend is same/similar.

To me, this sounds like wishful thinking, and the fact that you do not acknowledge the fact that acoustical engineering and EM engineering are as closely coupled as they are shows a lack of understanding of the fundamental science of either one.

To me, this sounds like wishful thinking, and the fact that you do not acknowledge the fact that acoustical engineering and EM engineering are as closely coupled as they are shows a lack of understanding of the fundamental science of either one.

OK! Be happy.[:D]

Quote bump [:)]

Ramsha,

Roger

.... Prove it....

Dear Roger

What to Prove? There is no competition buddy!

Ramsha,

You are correct sir, in that there is no competition, your Bose do not do what you say they do. You have only heard bargain store Klipsch in the last month and you feel experienced enough to speak however uninformed on the subject. I say I will prove you wrong in person, no fight, no argument, watt for watt, Db for Db, SPL for SPL, clarity for clarity. Pack up your cubes and let's compare, you just might learn that your one month education just aint all that...

Roger

You are correct sir, in that there is no competition, your Bose do not do what you say they do. You have only heard bargain store Klipsch in the last month and you feel experienced enough to speak however uninformed on the subject. I say I will prove you wrong in person, no fight, no argument, watt for watt, Db for Db, SPL for SPL, clarity for clarity. Pack up your cubes and let's compare, you just might learn that your one month education just aint all that...

Roger

OK! Be happy with your monstrously powerful speakers.. [ip] I have nothing against them.

Trust me, if I could get similar sound as I get from my Klipshorns with a small Bose I would buy them, but you can't. And until some laws are broken you won't be able to.

What's up? You churn out judgement faster than Judge Judy on the Idiot Box! [:P]