I like THD!!!

MikeSt

What kind of budget are you looking at? And what do you already own?

None at the moment. But I could probably get away with spending $1k max in the near future.

Right now all I've I've got some old KG4's with no amp so I'm listening to music with winamp on my computer speakers.

I seem to recall that back in the 70's a device was marketed for just this purpose.

Thats funny you said that, I just found out about a program called 'Izotope' that does exactly what I've been asking about. And I thought I was the only one who liked tube distortion in my music! Now I'm thinking I'll just run winamp through some decent ss amp into my KG4s. At least until I can afford the KLF30s and a sub.

Somebody help here. I seem to recall that back in the 70's a device was marketed for just this purpose. Ok, there is plenty of room for jokes there, but I am serious. Aphex? Maybe that was it.

The Aphex Aural Exciter is the distortion box to which you referred, Dave. One can dial in the type and amount of distortion desired. This was, and still is used for multitrack recording and live sound.

http://www.aphex.com/204.htm

This is the latest incarnation of this box, and one gets the Big Bottom feature also.[:^)]

Oh man, I just had a great idea! I should get one of these and install it in the Jubilee system.

No seriously, if processing is the way to go, then why not go with more processing? I could have a lot of fun with some of this relatively inexpensive processing gear.

I think I see an equipment rack in my future.

Greg

Oh man, I just had a great idea! I should get one of these and install it in the Jubilee system.

No seriously, if processing is the way to go, then why not go with more processing? I could have a lot of fun with some of this relatively inexpensive processing gear.

I think I see an equipment rack in my future.

Greg

Are you sure that you don't want to try the tape deck trick first ?

LOL