My wife doesn't seem to be talking to me...

Eric B

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"My wife doesn't seem to be talking to me..."

Some would not find that objectionable...

I guess it's because I'm a "controls" freak...

Yeah, you really pushed her buttons, eh? [;)]

For God's sake, Eric, toe-in those speakers! (They'll sound better!)

I was going to do 5 cornwalls for HT in the family room....I brought the first pair home (well actually I was planing on moving the corns to the rear and getting 3 la Scalas up front ) and the wife started to throw a fit!

so I said to her...OK you don't want huge speakers in the family room...let me have the livingroom for 2 channel since we never go in there and we were going to change it any way.

[6].......well my devious plan worked...you should have seen her face when I carried in the Klipschorns! "But Honey, you said I can have the living room" now I have three rigs in there khorns , Cornwalls , And Heresys...... She still will not acknowledge that the Khorns are even in there!

anybody know a good divorce attorney [:D]

Actually, she was pretty good about the cornwalls when they came home, When I showed up with the audio rack and moved everything into it.... not so good. She's not going to be happy when (hopefully) some day I show up with some k-horns for the front and move the cornwalls to the back for my (hopefully) someday kick butt home theatre :)

"My wife doesn't seem to be talking to me..."

Some would not find that objectionable...

I guess it's because I'm a "controls" freak...

Yeah, you really pushed her buttons, eh? Wink

For God's sake, Eric, toe-in those speakers! (They'll sound better!)

I've been experimenting with toe in and placement (I've only had the Cornwalls a couple of weeks)

I'm lucky to have a fairly large room down there, it's about 26 wide X 30 deep, so when you are sitting in the middle the imaging is sweet and doesn't seem to make that much difference if I put 15 degrees of toe-in on them. But now that you bring that up I'm going to get out the protractor and pay a little more attention.

I'm still experimenting. It's a work in progress. And probably will be forever, but I'm ok with that! :)

Get a rack with one of those smoke glass doors that hides everything. Should do the trick. Before you get khorns you should practice creating reality distortion fields. They come in handy.

Too funny... If I was rich like Steve Jobs this would all be a non-issue thou. I'd build a seperate 'listening house'

I did get her to admit Quote: "These speakers DO sound good"

It's a start.

Devil.......well my devious plan worked...you should have seen her face when I carried in the Klipschorns! "But Honey, you said I can have the living room" now I have three rigs in there khorns , Cornwalls , And Heresys...... She still will not acknowledge that the Khorns are even in there!

You are my hero!!

anybody know a good divorce attorney Big Smile

I think Travis is a defense attorney? So, if you are found....hmm... wait.... this won't work.... if you are found floating bottoms up, then he'll be a good defense attorney to defend her and she'll get off scott free.

Come to think of it, she'll probably sell your stuff for nuthen, just to spite you.

Travis phone number is.....

[:|]

I'm lucky to have a fairly large room down there, it's about 26 wide X 30 deep, so when you are sitting in the middle the imaging is sweet and doesn't seem to make that much difference if I put 15 degrees of toe-in on them. But now that you bring that up I'm going to get out the protractor and pay a little more attention.

A protractor will work, but if you try one of those laser levels (they can be set to project vertical or horizontal lines), you'll find it's way easier and faster and very easy to match one speaker's position with the other, which is more important than the specific angle. The ideal setting may well be 17 degrees or 28 degrees or something like that, so just use the laser to point the speakers where you want, without even having to consider how many degrees this way or that way.

Devil.......well my devious plan worked...you should have seen her face when I carried in the Klipschorns! "But Honey, you said I can have the living room" now I have three rigs in there khorns , Cornwalls , And Heresys...... She still will not acknowledge that the Khorns are even in there!

You are my hero!!

anybody know a good divorce attorney Big Smile

I think Travis is a defense attorney?  So, if you are found....hmm...  wait....  this won't work....  if you are found floating bottoms up, then he'll be a good defense attorney to defend her and she'll get off scott free.

Come to think of it, she'll probably sell your stuff for nuthen, just to spite you.

Travis phone number is.....

Indifferent

Knowing her she'll haul it all back to Canada, sell it at a profit, and buy her new husband a bose lifestyle system just for spite!!! Then she'll have me burried with an ipod playing nothing but POP so my eternal soul will be tortured forever. .....I have a knack of Pi$$ing women off...just ask all my Exes.