will this improove my sound or i will be downgrading my system?

arriagaricardo

i want to upgrade my speakers, currently i have the sinergy f-3 as mains, reference rc-52 as center, sinergys s-1's as surrounds and the sinergy sub 12, they are driven by the denon avr-2308ci.

I was thinking in keeping my center channel and the subwoofer, and replacing the f-3's and the s-1's with the rsx-5 satelites as mains and surrounds, will this improve the sound quality of my system or i will be downgrading it since the f-3's are full range floorstanders?

The reason of why i want this tiny satelites is 'cause i want to get rid of my bulky speakers but the center and the subwoofer, if the rsx-5's are not the right move what about the rvx-42 as mains? will this be better? is there any bookshelf good enought to be mains?

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving to a smaller speaker is always going to be a downgrade (unless you're starting with some pretty crappy large speakers, which doesn't apply to the F3).

You could get away with bookshelves for mains if you've got some good subwoofage and crossover high enough. If you're satisfied with the C3, then I would take a look at nothing less than the B3 since it will be the closest timbre match.

You might even consider going with 3 bookshelves for L, C, and R to obtain perfect timbre matching. What kind of budget restraints are you looking at here?

The rvx line is more like an HTIB

Being an owner of the RVX-42 system, I would strongly disagree with that statement. Yes it is true that the RVX system is a downgrade from a good tower system like the F-3's, but comparing it to a HTIB system is not saying a lot for the Klipsch name. With the exclusive Reference components that these speakers possess, I think they do a wonderful job at both music and movies. Comparing them to my RF-63's would like watermelons and apples. As a more compact/flat panel unobtrusive speaker system, they do the job that is asked of them. If you want a good compromise between a full tower system and a compact system, look into the RVX-54's as yor mains.

Bill