Center and Surrounds...

RoadconeTuning

I bought some B-3's a few months ago to go with my Sub-12 and then bought an Onkyo TX-SR805 to go with them and for future expansion... well id like to get a center and a set of surrounds, ive thought about getting another pair of B-3's and using those as surrounds and then getting a C-1 or C-2 for the center...

Currently i have my stuff sitting in my bedroom, and its only about 12x11... im just trying to get this stuff before i cant afford it anymore... and right now its either surrounds and a center OR a new Nikon D90 camera body... sooooo... would the B-3's and a C2 or C3 be good to run or should i look at something smaller...

I've ALSO thought about getting a set of F-3's and just pushing my B-3's to surround duty but thats a bit rich for me... they even sounded amazing in best buys aisle of crap lol. BUT i have a feeling that having F-3's in front with B-3's in back AND a Sub-12 might be a LOT of speaker for a room. i plan on moving into an apartment soon but i want good sound

so to wrap it all up, two more B-3's and a C-3, B-3's and a c-2, smaller and a C1 or C2, F3's and a C-3 or your suggestion....

Since you have the B3s you definitely don't want to go with anything smaller than the C3 for the center unless it is physically impossible to fit it where you want it to sit. If you're able to get the F3s and a C3 you'll have an absolutely killer setup, and then you can move your B3s to the side walls as side surrounds.

wow, that kinda sucks knowing that i cant really go smaller than a C-3... if i posted a shot of how my setup currently is i would get flamed into a black hole... Large Hadron Collider style!

ive heard of people running all B-3's before but i dont know how id get a 5th B-3 unless someone else wanted the other once since as far as i know you can only buy them in pairs.

*EDIT*

just found the C-3 for 178 bucks on some kind of super sale... im buying it NOW, ill find a place to put it later lol... now i just have to find me a killer deal on F-3's because 850 + shipping is a bit rich at the moment... if i hadnt heard the F-2's vs the F-3's side by side i would just get the F-2's but i LOVE the highs from the F-3's

*EDIT 2!*

went to best buy at lunch to just see how big F-3's are and saw that they had some Icons now and they have 3- 6.5" drivers each... havent had a chance to listen but the BIG deal was they had a set of open box F-3's for 560 for the pair... one needs a new foot and a new rubber insert for the grill but other than that they APPEARED to be fine... I might go back and listen to them at an extremely high volume to see if they have a busted voice coil or anything like that.

Hi,

I just read your post. By all means get a C-3 ( $179 now on Amazon) and the F-3 fronts. you will have a matched set. I now have two F-3's and a C-3 .Last week, I got a Yamaha RXV863. JUst got it all hooked up and they all sound great together.

Let us know how that big ONK sounds with those F-3's!

Herb

i had the C-3 ordered yesterday lol.... im probably going to get those F-3's tomorrow after lunch since my buddy is going to let me throw them in the back of his escalade.

and the B-3 + Sub12 combo is almost perfect but i have a feeling that the dual 8's will fill the SMALL gap that ive been stressing the B3's to fill.

now how to make this all work in a 12x11 room that includes a twin bed, book case, chest of drawers and a glass computer desk... lol 12lbs of poop in a 10lb bucket

im not gonna lie, i laughed when i red the two cats part. we've got one cat and ive got a fish tank in the other room... does that count? lol heres some shots of my "dwellings" im pretty sure its got the acoustics of... i would say dump but i bet that a garbage dump actually would be pretty good lol

*EDIT*

these were taken with a Nikon D50 with a Tokina 12-24mm f/4 lens so the edges are kinda stretched, shot it at 12mm to try and get the whole setup in but couldnt pull it off

B-3's on Woodtech stands, Onkyo Reciever is on 2nd shelf of computer desk... they are also my computer speakers lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

its like having a nightclub in my room

*pictures will go here, they are uploading to flickr*

i dont drink coffee and the bathroom is about 12 feet away from my door lol, need a minifridge for beer, having to go downstairs sucks lol

the closet door will be in the way of a shelf, its only about 18" from the corner to the door frame... i have a feeling i dont get to use my B-3's or C-3... they just get to sit in boxes lol... actually the B-3's are doing Aquarium Stereo duty haha

You are smart to buy the C-3 now. from your pics, I see that you did indeed buy the F-3's. Since you already have 2 B-3's, all you need is 2 more B-s's and you will have a good quality 7.1 matched set. These are very good speakers and if you take care of them, they will last for many years ultimately saving you money because you won't be buying new cheapo speakers every year or two! You won't be living in that small room forever. Life always changes,sooner or later you will have larger diggs where you'll really be able to "crank 'em up!" I think my current place qualifies as "Early Cave," but I have some good sounds.