Did I miss the Score of the Year by 18 minutes?

jtnfoley

"i have an old radio with the speakers for sale" was the subject line, posted at 20:22 on Boston CL. The body of the ad:

"i have an old radio very heavy with the speakers for sale, my son moved to australia years ago and he dont need it anymore its a rotel 1603 the
speakers are tannoy and klipsch korns take all for $100 or bo thank you"

No phone listed, I replied by eMail at 20:40. So far, no response, and this morning:

[:'(]

"

This posting has been deleted by its author.

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

"

I've got a rare day off today, too... I could have been there at 07:00 this morning.

I read it when it was still "live" and passed it up as BS.

Did not smell right to me, now that I hear that it was soon deleted by it's author, I think that I might have made a misteak...

I HATE when that happens!

lol

Always worth a reply. I wrote them 5 minutes after the post went up and got no reply either. If real, I would love to know how many e-mails flooded their in-basket [8-)].

Hi Noah,

I thought the HII's I'm thinking of were in Manhatten, Upper West Side if I recall but maybe I'm mistaken. Glad to hear you were more than fair with your find. Congrats. I'm still waiting to find my Cornwalls roadside, maybe with a Mac integrated on top, maybe a Thorens too! LOL. I missed a free Thorens TD-320 mkII if I recall the model correctly. It was a beauty, talked to the gentleman offering it, but he wanted an easy pick up from some one in Manhatten. I was hoping he could hold it for me till I got there the following weekend, but no dice. There are still deals out there, keep your eyes peeled and good luck.

I just recently missed this one on a local Craig’s List

POST HAS BEEN REMOVED BY SELLER

I got 400 crinkled 100 dollar bills, and I don’t like crinkles. My son gone to London. Would like to exchange for 100 crisp new 20 dollar bills so I can fit in a mail sack.

Top notch!