Anyone know where I can find keyhole brackets like the one on the back of my RB-51?

Hifi jim

Looking to mount a pair of bookshelf speakers for my brother. I would like to find a keyhole bracket like the one my RB-51's use. I've checked with Parts Express and few other places online plus my local hardware, Lowes, Home Depot all with no luck. Large enough to fit over a #8 pan head screw. Any ideas?

Pics? 

This is the only picture I could find of something similar. This is a new B&W 685 bookshelf speaker with something that would also work. The Klipsch have a nicer closed keyhole style bracket that would be harder for the speaker to be knocked off (a good thing as my brother plans to hang these speakers in the kids play area).

post-24342-13819417626552_thumb.jpg

That's a surprisingly hard part to find... Can't imagine why. I tried "keyhole bracket" "keyhole fitting" "offset keyhole" and man other combinations. 

Thanks for your efforts jt. I thought it was just me. I've always taken pride in my ability to track things down on the net, but this has proven fruitless . They come on lots of speakers, but darned if you can find one keyhole bracket not attached to a speaker.

Thanks guys! I knew someone here would know how to find them. I ordered the exact pair I was looking for. "Keyhole hanger" it is. Thanks again.

OK... SHARE! I'm not one to admit defeat so easily, so I'd like to know which hit I overlooked! Stick out tongue

Please do share! I looked all over the net and came up with Doo Doo! [:S]

Dennie[*-)]

Well after Googling "keyhole hanger", I was able to find this. Not exactly what I wanted, but it will work nonetheless. I plan on spacing the hanger off the speaker with a couple of thick washers so that the screw (that the speaker will hang from) has room to enter the keyhole. Should work just fine. Thanks guys.

post-24342-13819417665428_thumb.jpg

While googling I found hey escutions that stand proud of the surface they sit upon... round, they apparently actually ARE "key holes but appeared to stand as much as 1.4" tall.

The keyhole plate you've got there are typical of what I was finding... there are singles and doubles, and virtually ALL seem to want to be mortised into a wood base.